Have almost finished my Marvel Comics Chronology & need help

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

EddieHades

Have almost finished my Marvel Comics Chronology & need help

Postby EddieHades » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:14 am

Hey there folks, I've posted on here a few times about the complete Marvel Comics Chronology that I've been putting together slowly but surely since late last year, and now I've almost finished compiling it all, but I've reached the point where I'm going to need some help to get all the nitty gritty details right.

Now I've so far ordered my chronology in three different ways to get it to where it is now, the first is by order of publication, that was my baseline, thhe second was then by story arc, and the third was then by limited series that contributed to the over all story of the Marvel Universe, but didn't interact with any other titles or story arcs, and so could be ordered on their own.

To give you an idea of what I'm trying to achieve, think of [for lack of a better example] the Chronological X-Men torrents, of how they are ordered [by story arc], thats what I'm trying to do here but just on a much larger scale.

What I'm trying to do now is figure out where individual comic issues and comic titles should be placed within the chronology. By that I mean that, for example, titles that were published in more recent years where the storyline of said comics were set entirely in the past. Like "Marvel: The Lost Generation", it was published in March, 2000, but the storyline of the comic was set between the golden age of Marvel (when the Invaders & All-Winners Squad were around) and the modern age of Marvel (when the Fantastic Four, X-Men, & Mighty Avengers appear.), so where does this series sit within my chronology?

At this present moment in time, the example that I mentioned above is my only real question that needs to be answered, though I'm positive it won't be the last thing I need help with, hence my creating this thread, so that when I have a something to ask about, I can come here and ask :)

Thanks for reading and I shall keep ya updated!

JohnW

Re: Have almost finished my Marvel Comics Chronology & need help

Postby JohnW » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:03 am

Can you post a link to this project?

EddieHades

Postby EddieHades » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:31 am

JohnW wrote:Can you post a link to this project?

Hey John, I don't really have it uploaded anywhere at the moment, but I can email the word document to you if you want?

EddieHades

Postby EddieHades » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:39 am

Hey there folks, just a quick question, would my Marvel Comics Chronology be complete without all of the Conan the Barbarian comic titles that Marvel put out? Like do they contribute to the continuity of the Earth 616 Marvel Universe to the point where its essential to be included?

Thanks again :)

EarthFurst

Re: Have almost finished my Marvel Comics Chronology & need

Postby EarthFurst » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:11 pm

EddieHades wrote:Hey there folks, just a quick question, would my Marvel Comics Chronology be complete without all of the Conan the Barbarian comic titles that Marvel put out? Like do they contribute to the continuity of the Earth 616 Marvel Universe to the point where its essential to be included?

Thanks again :)

If your Marvel Comics Chronology is only about Marvel main continuity (including Earth-616 ), then I'd only include the Conans with Rune. I glanced at Marvel Conan covers at comicbookdb and Rune was the only element that seems like it was part of Marvel main continuity.

I assume about 99% of Marvel's Conan comics take place in a Conan-verse. I haven't read Conan vs. Rune (1995)., so I don't know which universe it occurs in.

Also, webpage for Conan the Savage (1995) - #4 includes "Rune" in a characters list, and Rune logo on that Conan cover looks like the logos of Rune (1994) - Cover Gallery
Still trying to learn the ways of the ComicBookDB. http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/List_of_upcoming_comics

Return to General Discussion