Since I got my hands on a couple of Gladstone and Walt Disney Publication's Disney comics I could update several things:
- I added all the creators, stories and characters on the issues I had at hand (bummer that I didn't have more as basically all issues are skeleton data only. Meh)
- I renamed "Uncle Scrooge" to "Walt Disney's Uncle Scrooge" for both Gemstone and the Disney series as it is written this way in the indicia (can't confirm it for the other ones so I left them as they were)
- I completely removed Gemstone as a publisher and added it as an imprint of The Bruce Hamilton Company on ALL issues (what a hassle!)
- while I were at it I also removed "Hamilton (USA - 1950)" as a publisher, added the "Hamilton Comics" imprint and switched all issues (like "Power Rangers") to this.
Some questions remain:
- Why are "Uncle Scrooge" and "Donald Duck" divided into several series depending on the publisher while "Walt Disney's Comics and Stories" is only one series despite the publisher changing quite some times? Can't those be merged? It's rather annoying if you have to look which series you need when adding an issue that has been reprinted to a new entry.
- What should happen with the "Disney" series? Some are filed under W.D. Publications, some uner Disney comics. According to the indicia on the comics I have, Disney Comics is only used on the cover, while the indicia names the publisher as "Walt Disney Publications" (don't know where W.D. Publications comes from) which is a susidiary of The Walt Disney Company, so "W.D. Publications" would be an imprint, right? Which means removing "Disney Comics" and using "Walt Disney Company" as publisher and "Walt Disney Publications" as the imprint. Would that be okay? Has somebody additional information on this?
Oh, and those two series would have to be merged:http://www.comicbookdb.com/title.php?ID=9614http://www.comicbookdb.com/title.php?ID=11931
The series is named "Walt Disney's Donald Duck" in the indicia.