Entering Graphic Novels

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

bowman

Entering Graphic Novels

Postby bowman » Sun May 07, 2006 11:48 pm

I'd like to see support for graphic novels, standalone books that are not part of a series. For example, say I want to add A Contract with God by Will Eisner. It's a one-volume work, not part of a series. It seems odd to create a series entry as a container for one volume.

Or, another example, I added Hellboy: Strange Places a few weeks ago. It reprints the contents of two different Hellboy miniseries. I couldn't list it under either so had to create a new "series" to contain this one collected edition.

Michael

Chris
Cosmic Donor
Cosmic Donor

Postby Chris » Mon May 08, 2006 11:46 am

In order for everything to work smoothly throughout the site, all books have to be treated the same whether they have 1 issue or 400 issues. In addition, we can't always tell when a title is finished - as an example, Giant-Size X-Men had it's first issue in May of 1975. The second issue didn't come out until six months later. The third issue didn't come out until 30 years later.

Don't think of a "title" as a "series". It's just the title of the book, regardless of how long the run is or isn't.

bowman

Postby bowman » Tue May 09, 2006 3:15 am

Chris wrote:In order for everything to work smoothly throughout the site, all books have to be treated the same whether they have 1 issue or 400 issues. In addition, we can't always tell when a title is finished - as an example, Giant-Size X-Men had it's first issue in May of 1975. The second issue didn't come out until six months later. The third issue didn't come out until 30 years later.

Don't think of a "title" as a "series". It's just the title of the book, regardless of how long the run is or isn't.

Okay. I can handle that.

Michael

Return to Site Support