Cannot access database on my wifi

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

RBishop1973

Cannot access database on my wifi

Postby RBishop1973 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:10 pm

I've been using this site to track my collection for years, but in the past few months, I have been unable to access the site if I am on my WiFi at home. No issues with mobile data, no issues with accessing it on WiFi at other locations, but can't do it from home.

Is my IP address blocked on the site's side, because I've done everything I can with my modem, but nothing's changed?

Thanks.

mikebo

Re: Cannot access database on my wifi

Postby mikebo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:34 pm

Do you receive any kind of error, or does it just timeout?

Cleared your web browser's cache? Delete the site's cookie?

Tried a different web browser?

RBishop1973

Postby RBishop1973 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:49 pm

It says "This site can't be reached. Www.comicbookdb.com took too long to respond.

I deleted my cookies and cleared the cache with no change in result. I also tried it in IE, since Chrome is my default, but got a message reading "This page can't be displayed."

What now?

Chris
Cosmic Donor
Cosmic Donor

Postby Chris » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:52 am

It's possible your IP has been blocked - we block IPs that appear to be trying to hack the site. It's possible that yours was misidentified. Try going to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ and PM me your IP from your wifi. I'll see if it's on our blacklist.

Return to “Site Support”