Multiple Codenames?

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

Cypher

Multiple Codenames?

Postby Cypher » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:57 am

Hi all,

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but I'm new and trying to help out. I saw the post about characters appearing before they take on codenames, but I'm wondering what to do with characters who have multiple codenames.

For example, I'm working on updating the 1980's New Mutants run. In the first few issues, Dani Moonstar went by "Psyche" before changing to "Mirage" the name she is usually known by. Should I enter her as Mirage, since that is the name most people would search by, or should I be exact and enter her as a new character "Psyche" for her early appearances?

Chris
Cosmic Donor
Cosmic Donor

Postby Chris » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:17 am

Multiple codenames/aliases are handled by creating a character for each name. So for instance, there would be a Giant Man and a Yellowjacket for Hank Pym.

Once they are created, if you click on the Edit this Character button, there will be a link at the bottom that says, "If this character has other identities, click here". Follow the directions there and you'll create pointer links to join the various incarnations together.

Cypher

Postby Cypher » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:06 pm

Okay, this makes sense. However, when I try to add a new alias in the "Add a character" section, it tells me the character already exists. I'm guessing it does this because the first and last name are the same. Can you tell me how to add an alias and make it searchable?

Chris
Cosmic Donor
Cosmic Donor

Postby Chris » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:17 am

You're right, error checking was looking for only the first and last names. It now takes into account the alias, so you shouldn't have any problems now :)

Return to Site Support