Undefined Characters

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

pnova

Undefined Characters

Postby pnova » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:46 am

Just a quick question about adding characters to titles & errors currently on site.

Currently can't add character to a run of Transformers: Dark of the moon rising storm - comes up undefined.

Can't add to single issues -

Strongarm Transformers Movie
Sandstorm Transformers - IDW, Dreamwave, Beast wars

& a few others.

mikebo

Re: Undefined Characters

Postby mikebo » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:45 pm

The undefined error for characters has been occurring the past few weeks. I've sent Chris a message about it. Until the problem is fixed, there is a workaround. Go to the page of a character that's giving you the error, and click "Add this character to a run of issues in a title". On the following page, enter the title and the span of issues the character appears in. If the character only appears in one issue, you would input the same number in both the starting and ending fields. This will only work for numerically numbered issues.

Chris
Cosmic Donor
Cosmic Donor

Postby Chris » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:04 pm

This should be fixed now. Let me know if that's not the case.

Soda

Postby Soda » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:04 am

BTW: Can you make so that the database can handle the characters æ (as in "Knut Nærum"), ø (as in Sørensen) and ' (as in "D'Israeli")?

Even if you put those characters in the alias the database can't add the names to any issues.
I'd also very much like to combine the entries of "Matt Brooker" and "D'Israeli" but when you add the latter as an alias to the former you can't add it to any issues as well (which also applies to the creator "Djillali Defali" aka. "D'Fali" - I always have to rename him, add him to an issue, rename him again).

Return to Site Support