BPRD and Hellboy trades question

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

skinnyguy
Platinum Donor
Platinum Donor

BPRD and Hellboy trades question

Postby skinnyguy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:29 pm

I was wondering about the reasoning behind how these are cataloged. BPRD is all under one title, whereas Hellboy (and Abe Sapian/Lobster Johnson/etc) are all separate titles.

Personally, I prefer the way BPRD is logged, easier to see what I have and what I need. Is there a reason for the difference?

Anyways, The main reason for this topic is, Hell on Earth Vol 3 came out yesterday, and hasn't been added yet. It should be Volume 3, but going by what's already been done, it would be Volume 18 or something crazy. Plus, the un-numbered "Being Human" trade, is listed as Volume 16. I just really want to know the reasoning here, and I would really like to change some of the issue numbers, such as changing Being Human to just "TPB", and re-number the two existing Hell on Earth trades to volume 1 and 2.

mikebo

Re: BPRD and Hellboy trades question

Postby mikebo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:09 pm

The general rule is if a collection reprints content from multiple titles, it should be indexed under its own title. As for why B.P.R.D. is indexed this way and the other titles are not, I would guess it's because the initial BPRD volumes collected stories from many sources, and Lobster Johnson and Abe Sapien's first volumes collected content from one title each, and were indexed accordingly at the time of their release.

skinnyguy
Platinum Donor
Platinum Donor

Re: BPRD and Hellboy trades question

Postby skinnyguy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:45 pm

I'm aware of the rule - that's what prompted the question. There seems to be no logic to this scenario.

Plus there's the question of the Hell on Earth volumes being #s 15 and 17....

Return to Site Support