Public Collections

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

Ukiah

Public Collections

Postby Ukiah » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:08 pm

I put in the feature suggestion but thought I'd also bring it up here and see if anyone else has the same curiosity. Within the issue details you can see how many collections contain a particular issue but not who owns it. Especially with some of the lesser known comics in my collection, sometimes I wonder if there are other titles I have not read which I'd enjoy if I knew about them - finding users who might have similar tastes and looking through their collection (assuming they've listed their collection as public) might be a useful option.

Uthor

Re: Public Collections

Postby Uthor » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Yeah, I agree. Sometimes I look at a rare thing that I own and see one other person has it. Makes me curious what else they have.

mikebo

Postby mikebo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:15 pm

In the case where an issue is only in one member's collection, you can look at the issue's contribution history to see who indexed it. Presuming it's the same person who has it in his/her collection, you can check the member's profile to see if their collections are public or not.

I've also asked for a feature that would allow you to see a listing of issues that are currently unique to your own collection.

Uthor

Postby Uthor » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:07 pm

mikebo wrote:In the case where an issue is only in one member's collection, you can look at the issue's contribution history to see who indexed it.

Usually that's me...

Ukiah

Postby Ukiah » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:23 pm

mikebo wrote:In the case where an issue is only in one member's collection, you can look at the issue's contribution history to see who indexed it. Presuming it's the same person who has it in his/her collection, you can check the member's profile to see if their collections are public or not.

I agree that in some cases that'll work, though there are times when it is two or three other people who own an issue I'm curious about, and I have seen users who index issues but apparently don't have it listed as part of their collection. And there's at least one issue where I've indexed it completely on my own and one other mystery person has a copy in their collection as well ^.^;;;

Ukiah

Postby Ukiah » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:09 pm

I still think it would be an awesome idea to be able to see the names of people who own a specific issue through that issue (assuming they have their collections public). If something like five other people own a copy of a weird indie comic I'm into... I'm curious if they're into something else that might be worth checking out :D

Return to Site Support