Suggestion: Awards

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

IndieRockLance

Suggestion: Awards

Postby IndieRockLance » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:29 pm

There are a great deal of awards circuits for comic books like the Harveys, the Eisners and whatever crap Wizard rolls out. I think it'd be interesting to be able to add an awards attribute to an issue, title or creator. It's something that a lot (and by that I mean just about every) Comic Book DBs are missing that seems like it would be obvious.

I'm not sure if anyone else shares my sentiment, but I personally would be interested in seeing what was nominated for what and what won what. I'm not sure where this would place lists like Wizard's Top 100 Graphic Novels, but it should at least encompass actual awards ceremonies.

DarthSkeptical

Postby DarthSkeptical » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:03 pm

I would applaud this idea, as well.

Chris
Cosmic Donor
Cosmic Donor

Postby Chris » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:59 pm

I definitely like this idea. If someone could go to the effort of giving me a list of the comic awards out there, I can put something together.

I know there are the Eisners, Wizard, Harveys, maybe something from CBG?

IndieRockLance

Postby IndieRockLance » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:57 pm

Chris wrote:I definitely like this idea. If someone could go to the effort of giving me a list of the comic awards out there, I can put something together.

I know there are the Eisners, Wizard, Harveys, maybe something from CBG?

http://users.rcn.com/aardy/comics/awards/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_book ... ook_awards
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Comic_book_awards

Those are decent resources for at least names. The big ones I can think of are: Kirbys, Harveys, Eisners, Wizard Fan, CBG Fan, but all of those are listed in the first link.

Roger Langridge

Postby Roger Langridge » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:58 pm

Great idea. Maybe a field where you can enter the category and the year? And whether it's a nominee or a winner?

IndieRockLance

Postby IndieRockLance » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:48 pm

Roger Langridge wrote:Great idea. Maybe a field where you can enter the category and the year? And whether it's a nominee or a winner?

I was thinking more of it being centralized, so that the Harvey Kurtzman Awards have a list of years that they were given out, then you can go to, say, 1998 and see the awards given out as well as the nominees. Ideally, the listings would be generated from the awards details on creator/charactor/title pages, but I don't know how much of that is logistically possible considering strain on the server.

Chris
Cosmic Donor
Cosmic Donor

Postby Chris » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:49 pm

If you haven't noticed, an Awards section is now available from the left-hand navigation. I'm populating them as I have time so it will be growing :D

IndieRockLance

Postby IndieRockLance » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:44 pm

Chris wrote:If you haven't noticed, an Awards section is now available from the left-hand navigation. I'm populating them as I have time so it will be growing :D

Neat! This is pretty much how I envisioned the awards listing (although, I also had in mind yearly listings too for awards, but this is still cool). I certainly don't envy you being tasked with populating the awards though.

Chris
Cosmic Donor
Cosmic Donor

Postby Chris » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:47 am

Yearly breakdowns are in the plans as well ;)

Return to Site Support