Free Comic Book Day issues

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

ttullio
Silver Donor
Silver Donor

Free Comic Book Day issues

Postby ttullio » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:38 pm

Is there a set standard for how FCBD issues are to be entered?

Doing a global search, I see that in some cases FCBD is included as part of the TITLE ... but in other cases it is entered as issue NUMBER or an issue NAME.

Any ideas? Or is this simply not worth worrying about? :roll:

Darth Kramer

Postby Darth Kramer » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:57 pm

Honestly, it varies on an issue by issue basis. Some of the books have the FCBD as part of their title, and some are just reprints of existing books, and some are just normal titles. If we knew which books you were thinking of adding, we could definitely help you better. But as of now, there's no real concensus as how to do them all as they're all different.

ttullio
Silver Donor
Silver Donor

Postby ttullio » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:32 pm

The one that prompted my question was the FCBD 2005 issue of FLIGHT. Since the inside cover reads "FLIGHT PRIMER" I entered "Primer" as the issue # and FCBD 2005 as the story name. I figured it was better for it to be cataloged with the two TPBs under that title rather than create a whole new title for it.

But now I'm wondering if putting FCBD 2005 in the story slot was a mistake. It works for this particular issue (since there are actually multiple stories by different creators in the details) but in other cases the story slot would be populated with an actual story title.

Perhaps FCBD should be generally considered an issue tag line? That might cause the least number of conflicts.

Skyhawke

Postby Skyhawke » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:56 pm

You can put FCBD in the notes and if we ever get a point where that is a drop down option it will make it real easy for Chris to do a search and find them all to do a group change.

Return to Site Support