Problems Adding Issues

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

sephen7

Problems Adding Issues

Postby sephen7 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:14 am

Hi,

I've searched to see if there's an answer to this, but I wasn't able to find one.

I am having 2 problems when I try to add an issue:

1) I can't add a creator to the writer, artist, and other fields. I follow the instructions, but no matter what I do it just stays blank.

2) When I hit submit, nothing happens. The page just sits there. I've tried 2 different browsers (Explorer and NetCaptor) on 2 different computers with the same result each time.

I am having no problems adding titles or creators.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Chris
Cosmic Donor
Cosmic Donor

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:20 am

Hi Steve,

It almost sounds like you have Javascript disabled in your browser - it's necessary to submit to the site.

If enabling Javascript (assuming it's turned off) doesn't change anything, can you try downloading Firefox from mozilla.org?

Chris

sephen7

Postby sephen7 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:44 pm

I had Javascript enabled, but it still wouldn't work. I notice that I'm getting an error message the bottom related to Java, but I'm not tech savvy enough to understand what it means.

I downloaded Firefox, and it seems to be working fine now. I will just use Firefox when I access the site from now on.

Thanks,

Steve

knightwingbk

Postby knightwingbk » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:49 am

I'm having the same issue with your site. I can't add an issue. Everything loads correctly on the page, but when I press submit, nothing happens, and an error icon appears in the bottom left corner. I am running IE7. This also happened when I was running IE6. I was using my girlfriend's computer, which is a Mac running Safari, and also ran into the same issue. She has javascript enabled, as did I on IE. This is more than just a one time problem and is something that needs looking into.

Asking users to switch browsers is silly.

knightwingbk

Postby knightwingbk » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:10 am

OOPS! Sorry. I was trying to add TPB's and I kept putting TPB in both issue number and the alphanumeric thing.

There is not an issue with the site, sorry for the harshness, I was frustrated. Shows how much I love your site! I get emotionable over it.

Return to Site Support