Reporting Problems

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

wonderdude3001

Reporting Problems

Postby wonderdude3001 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:23 pm

Hello. I was wondering if the "Report a problem regarding this..." links worked? Sometime within the past week I reported 2 or 3 things and no corrections have been made.
I'm not expecting instantaneous results, I'm just curious if:
A) The links are actually working -or-
B) There's a back log of problems to fix.
I just don't know if it's worthwhile to report or not. Maybe an automatted reply along the lines of "Your problem regarding (issue/title/whatever) has been received and we'll get to it as soon as possible." That way a person would at least know that it was actually sent to/received by you guys and not just lost in the universe somewhere.
Just a thought.

Darth Kramer

Postby Darth Kramer » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:11 pm

If a problem goes unanswered for a period of time, please feel free to post it on the forum and, if possible, either DarthSkeptical or myself can fix it. Otherwise, we may offer an alternative solution or wait for Chris to respond to the problem, as it may be beyond the scope that an admin could fix.

Chris
Cosmic Donor
Cosmic Donor

Postby Chris » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:52 pm

Let me know what the problems are that you didn't see fixed - I generally have most problem reports taken care of by the evening that they were reported.

wonderdude3001

Postby wonderdude3001 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:33 pm

Thanks for the quick replies! :D

Here's a couple I remember off the top of my head:

1st Issue Special is listed twice. Once, correctly, as 1st Issue Special and duplicated as First Issue Special.

The Mutant Misadventures of Cloak and Dagger is listed twice. Once as shown and once as Cloak and Dagger (1989). There may have been a title change, but both titles have the same issues listed.

A couple that I haven't sent corrections on:

All-Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder has two listings.

Creator Sharman DiVono has two misspelled entries: Sharman DiVorno and Sharman Divond.

Chris
Cosmic Donor
Cosmic Donor

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:03 am

Everything aside from Cloak and Dagger should be fixed. That one I'm putting aside until I have a block of time so that I can fix the collections of those who added the wrong title. Wouldn't want them to suddenly have a hole in their collection without knowing about it :)

wonderdude3001

Postby wonderdude3001 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:37 pm

:D
Thanks, Chris!
One last thing and I'll stop being a pain: Is it better/easier to use the "Report a Problem" link or to just post it in the forum?

Chris
Cosmic Donor
Cosmic Donor

Postby Chris » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:50 am

Definitely the report a problem form :)

Return to Site Support