Copyright Info

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

web_head62

Copyright Info

Postby web_head62 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:54 pm

I read in another thread that you prefer to go by the title name as printed in the copyright information. I have a question about this.

The Universe X Special, "4," is listed in the Database as "Universe X: 4." But in the copyright info simply has it as "4." And "A Universe X Special" is a tagline on the cover. Should I change the title in the Database?

Same thing for "Age of Innocence: The Rebirth of Iron Man." It was listed in the Database as "Iron Man: Age of Innocence." I changed it to "Age of..." because thats how it is on the cover and in the copyright. Should I have done that?

Darth Kramer

Postby Darth Kramer » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:02 pm

For now, leave them as is unless Chris says otherwise after consulting his master list of official titles.

Fnord Serious
ComicBookDB.com Admin

Postby Fnord Serious » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:48 am

So should we hit the "report a problem with this title" and provide the exact title according to the indica when we notice things like this? Rather than re-titling books ourselves?

web_head62

Postby web_head62 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:53 pm

Another question regarding this subject. "Decimation: House of M: The Day After" is listed as "House of M: The Day After" in the database. But, in the copyright info of the book, it says, "Decimation: House..." I noticed there was some flip-flopping between the names in the contribution history. Also saw the note saying it's supposed to be "House..." with "Decimation" being the story arc. The book, however, has always been billed as "Decimation..." as far as I know. So, shouldn't it be whats in the copyright? Sorry to be a pain. I'm just confused.

IndieRockLance

Postby IndieRockLance » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:13 pm

web_head62 wrote:Another question regarding this subject. "Decimation: House of M: The Day After" is listed as "House of M: The Day After" in the database. But, in the copyright info of the book, it says, "Decimation: House..." I noticed there was some flip-flopping between the names in the contribution history. Also saw the note saying it's supposed to be "House..." with "Decimation" being the story arc. The book, however, has always been billed as "Decimation..." as far as I know. So, shouldn't it be whats in the copyright? Sorry to be a pain. I'm just confused.

When in doubt, go with what the Indicia says.

Return to Site Support