Suggestion: OGN format?

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

Suggestion: OGN format?

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:35 pm

I just Top Shelf Productions as a new publisher and they mostly publish original graphic novels, and the closest thing to that in the Format option is trade paperback.

Would it be possible to add OGN to the Format menu?

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:36 pm

Sorry, I meant I just ADDED Top shelf Productions as a new publisher.

Chris
Cosmic Donor
Cosmic Donor

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:43 pm

Should be in :)

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:48 pm

Wow, that was fast.

Is there any way to edit an issue once it's been posted? The reason I ask is because I added Earthboy Jacobus as a trade and would like to change it to OGN.

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:56 pm

Also, how would one go about directly posting an OGN, without first creating a new title, as that seems a bit redundant, doesn't it?

Chris
Cosmic Donor
Cosmic Donor

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:46 pm

If you view the issue, there should be a button at the bottom that says, "Edit this Issue".

As for creating a title for an OGN - it's necessary for two reasons - one technical and one content-based.

The technical reason is that the site is predicated on every issue having a title to be associated with. Without that title, the issue would be unable to be rooted in the system (for lack of a better description).

The content reason is that while the OGN may be intended to be a one-shot, it is not inconceivable that a sequel could be made, even years down the line. They shouldn't be seperate if they're both from the same title.

As a rule, it's better to keep everything consistent :)

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:19 pm

Yeah, I was thinking of the latter reason myself.

I have one more question, and I'm sorry for bombarding you with all this stuff: I've accidentally entered a hardcover with an issue number instead of "HC Vol. 1" and it just doesn't look right when viewed with the individual issues. I tried editing it, but it doesn't seem possible to edit the issue number. Is there a way to do this?

Chris
Cosmic Donor
Cosmic Donor

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:55 pm

Done :)

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:09 pm

Thanks, man.

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:36 am

Um...it still looks like I can't edit the issue number...?

Chris
Cosmic Donor
Cosmic Donor

Postby Chris » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:41 am

No, issue numbers are one of the only pieces of data that are only editable by an admin.

Return to Site Support