Single name creators

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

dougtron 3030

Single name creators

Postby dougtron 3030 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:48 am

I had trouble adding "Bachan" to the creator list. It didn't want me to add with the first name field empty. I tried using spaces, but I got a strange result when I added to the title, so I used "B" as the first name. Is there a preferred way for listing a creator that only goes by one name?

Chris
Cosmic Donor
Cosmic Donor

Postby Chris » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:48 am

Single name creators get their name in the 'alias' field.

DarthSkeptical

Postby DarthSkeptical » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:58 pm

Interestingly, though, the only time the alias field can be used to select a creator in the issue entry process is when the first, middle and last names are all blank. So be aware that an artist currently known by one name, may have at one point been known by their "proper" name. He or she may have been entered as <first name> <last name> "<alias>". Thus, when you go to try to enter them by their alias the database won't find the creator.

Darth Kramer

Postby Darth Kramer » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:16 am

DarthSkeptical wrote:Interestingly, though, the only time the alias field can be used to select a creator in the issue entry process is when the first, middle and last names are all blank. So be aware that an artist currently known by one name, may have at one point been known by their "proper" name. He or she may have been entered as <first name> <last name> "<alias>". Thus, when you go to try to enter them by their alias the database won't find the creator.

Common perpetrators of this are Gaspar Saldino as "Gaspar", as well as Petra Goldberg as "Petra".

Return to Site Support