Attempting to add TPB volume

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

stevec50

Attempting to add TPB volume

Postby stevec50 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:04 pm

I have tried several times to add a TPB collection to the database.

The PUMA BLUES entry shows TPB Vol. 2, but not the first volume, "Watch That Man". When I try to submit the information I get a "Issue already exists" message. This is not the case, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated.

Steve C.

Fnord Serious
ComicBookDB.com Admin

Postby Fnord Serious » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:07 pm

Are you entering "TPB vol. 01" as the issue number in the alphanumeric field? If you just entered "1" as the issue number, it will think you are trying to duplicate the first issue.

stevec50

Postby stevec50 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:04 pm

Fnord Serious wrote:Are you entering "TPB vol. 01" as the issue number in the alphanumeric field? If you just entered "1" as the issue number, it will think you are trying to duplicate the first issue.

Thanks! I'll give this a try.

Steve C.

Varrus

Postby Varrus » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:32 am

Marvel recently published a trade paperback of The Hedge Knight Vol.1. The first half of the series was published by Image while the second half was published by Devil's Due. How would Marvel's trade be entered into the database? With the Image listing? Under Devil's Due? In a new listing for Marvel?

Fnord Serious
ComicBookDB.com Admin

Postby Fnord Serious » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:33 am

Varrus wrote:Marvel recently published a trade paperback of The Hedge Knight Vol.1. The first half of the series was published by Image while the second half was published by Devil's Due. How would Marvel's trade be entered into the database? With the Image listing? Under Devil's Due? In a new listing for Marvel?

It looks like there is a TPB listed under the Image listing. You could list the Marvel edition as a variant of this original printing.

The two titles should actually be merged. The only time a new title should be created is if the official title name changes, not if a book switches publishers.

Varrus

Postby Varrus » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:37 pm

Fnord Serious wrote:The two titles should actually be merged. The only time a new title should be created is if the official title name changes, not if a book switches publishers.

That would be ideal, yes. Can you do that? Or should I submit a problem report? Then I'll enter the Marvel trade into the newly merged title whenever I receive it.

Fnord Serious
ComicBookDB.com Admin

Postby Fnord Serious » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:12 am

Varrus wrote:
Fnord Serious wrote:The two titles should actually be merged. The only time a new title should be created is if the official title name changes, not if a book switches publishers.

That would be ideal, yes. Can you do that? Or should I submit a problem report? Then I'll enter the Marvel trade into the newly merged title whenever I receive it.

I already submitted a problem report to merge the two titles. Merging titles is beyond my power, but Chris will take care of it.

Varrus

Postby Varrus » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:36 am

Great, thanks, Fnord!

Varrus

Postby Varrus » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:40 am

Okay, I think I made a mistake and I can't correct it. :oops:

I added the entry for Marvel's trade of The Hedge Knight I but I did it through the clone option when I probably should've done it as a variant of this first trade. Oops. Can an admin fix this? Sorry for the trouble! :oops:

Fnord Serious
ComicBookDB.com Admin

Postby Fnord Serious » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:32 am

Done. :D

Varrus

Postby Varrus » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:20 pm

Excellent! Thanks again, Fnord!

Return to “Site Support”