Allowed Content (Mature/Adult Titles with edited/no covers)

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

Loganfifty

Allowed Content (Mature/Adult Titles with edited/no covers)

Postby Loganfifty » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:14 am

I've noticed that there are no titles listed of an adult nature. I don't remember seeing anything specifically saying this kind of material is banned from the database, but I don't want to post anything that may be against the rules.

On the other hand, I like being thorough and although it only consists of maybe 2% of my collection, I'd still like to have them listed.

Is there any official word on this matter, or is it just that no one has gotten around to adding these titles?

And if there are some rules on that, where are they? I've been looking around the site and can't find a thing...

Darth Kramer

Postby Darth Kramer » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:35 am

As far as I know, there are no rules yet in place re: adult content. I'm sure that Chris will come up with something, but for now, I'd say use your best judgment, as this is an all-ages site.

Chris
Cosmic Donor
Cosmic Donor

Postby Chris » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:31 am

The unofficial policy right now is that adult content is allowed, but I ask two things:

a.) If the cover is explicit, don't upload it right now
b.) When you enter an issue, add "Adults only" to the notes. That will make it easier to find them later.

I'll end up putting some code in that identifies adult titles and makes you agree to an age disclaimer, but as it's not in existence right now, like DK said, please use your best judgment.

Loganfifty

Postby Loganfifty » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:03 pm

Good to know... I definitely won't be uploading any pics for those covers then.

Now I just need to figure out that exact line between mature (Vertigo's Preacher, Marvel's MAX line) and truely Adults Only (any Eros comics). Like Avatar's Threshold and 777: The Wrath.

Darth Kramer

Postby Darth Kramer » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:58 pm

Loganfifty wrote:Good to know... I definitely won't be uploading any pics for those covers then.

Now I just need to figure out that exact line between mature (Vertigo's Preacher, Marvel's MAX line) and truely Adults Only (any Eros comics). Like Avatar's Threshold and 777: The Wrath.

If there is explicit content on the cover, i.e. sex, nudity, drug use, I'd say that's adults only. A lot of the Preacher stuff is "Mature", but it's still accessible to younger audiences. I added a lot of Preacher synopses and tried to steer clear of as much questionable material as possible. "Mature/Adults Only" is in the eye of the beholder, but if a cover contains sex, nudity, or drugs, I'd think that'd have to wait until Chris gets the disclaimer up.

Return to Site Support