Problem Adding Issues today

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

jimcripps

Problem Adding Issues today

Postby jimcripps » Sun May 21, 2006 11:19 pm

I've tried adding FF (1961) Annuals 13 and 19 - I also have 17 and 18 to add - but the db comes back saying that 'That issue all ready exists.' If they do, where are they? I've looked under Fantastic Four, and did a search too, but cannot find them.

Darth Kramer

Postby Darth Kramer » Sun May 21, 2006 11:24 pm

Without knowing how you were trying to add the issues, were you putting "Annual 17" in the alphanumeric field, rather than issue #17 and the date set as "Annual"? If you were doing the latter, that's the only thing I could see resulting in that error.

jimcripps

Postby jimcripps » Sun May 21, 2006 11:33 pm

Darth Kramer wrote:Without knowing how you were trying to add the issues, were you putting "Annual 17" in the alphanumeric field, rather than issue #17 and the date set as "Annual"? If you were doing the latter, that's the only thing I could see resulting in that error.

I entered the number as just its two digit number, and in the 'time of year field' I either left it blank, or chose Annual. Either way, it didn't work. I guess I should say that I tried cloning from issue 20 and 6(?), and that could be the problem, yet I've never had this trouble with other titles.

Darth Kramer

Postby Darth Kramer » Mon May 22, 2006 12:05 am

jimcripps wrote:
Darth Kramer wrote:Without knowing how you were trying to add the issues, were you putting "Annual 17" in the alphanumeric field, rather than issue #17 and the date set as "Annual"? If you were doing the latter, that's the only thing I could see resulting in that error.

I entered the number as just its two digit number, and in the 'time of year field' I either left it blank, or chose Annual. Either way, it didn't work. I guess I should say that I tried cloning from issue 20 and 6(?), and that could be the problem, yet I've never had this trouble with other titles.

No, in the field to the right of the issue number, the field labeled "only use this field if the issue number has letters in it", enter Annual 17 and that should work. The way you were doing it is incorrect and the database sees that issue 17 has already been entered in.

jimcripps

Postby jimcripps » Mon May 22, 2006 12:23 am

Darth Kramer wrote:No, in the field to the right of the issue number, the field labeled "only use this field if the issue number has letters in it", enter Annual 17 and that should work. The way you were doing it is incorrect and the database sees that issue 17 has already been entered in.

Okay that worked, thanks. Just didn't seem like the thing to do, but now that I've got it, everything is all right in the world.
:D

Darth Kramer

Postby Darth Kramer » Mon May 22, 2006 1:33 am

jimcripps wrote:
Darth Kramer wrote:No, in the field to the right of the issue number, the field labeled "only use this field if the issue number has letters in it", enter Annual 17 and that should work. The way you were doing it is incorrect and the database sees that issue 17 has already been entered in.

Okay that worked, thanks. Just didn't seem like the thing to do, but now that I've got it, everything is all right in the world.
:D

Excellent. Good to hear!

Return to Site Support