Character Naming Guideline

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

Soda

Re: Character Naming Guideline

Postby Soda » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:20 pm

I'm wondering when people will start to create new character entries whenever an artist changes because the Graham Nolan Batman looks nothing like the Jim Aparo one, while the Batman by Kelley Jones has nothing in common with the one drawn by Jim Lee. Surely that needs new character entries. Or how about each time when the costume changes? Because if I only like Batman with the yellow logo on his chest and not the one without it I sure as hell want to see only the issues that have him appear with the yellow logo on his chest. So I demand new character entries for this.

aaronmoish

Postby aaronmoish » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:52 am

I'd be fine with a single entry per character, too. There doesn't seem to be any movement in that direction, though. I based my suggestion on the fact that multiple variants of characters have been in place since I first visited this site years ago. Either way, I concede and withdraw the suggestion.

Soda

Postby Soda » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:53 pm

Weren't the MC2 versions of the Marvel characters removed? So why are they created and added again?

spid

Postby spid » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:37 pm

We are not. I am in the process of removing the duplicates.

Soda

Postby Soda » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Ah, good to know. :)
Will you remove the "Avengers United they Stand versions" as well?

aaronmoish

Postby aaronmoish » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:08 am

I wasn't aware they existed before. When I checked, there were already MC2 entries for some characters with main-continuity counterparts (Batwing, Green Goblin [Phil Urich], Jubilee, Psi-Lord, James Rhodes, Kristy Watson). I'll stop creating them.

EarthFurst

DCAU or (DC)(AU)? Re: Character Naming Guideline

Postby EarthFurst » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:40 pm

Should comicbookdb "FAQ - Characters" webpage include an explanation of "AU". (I assume it means Animated Universe)
(And is there a difference between "(DC)(AU)" and "DCAU" ?)

examples:
Green Arrow (DC)(AU) (01 - Oliver Queen) http://www.comicbookdb.com/character.php?ID=30885
Green Arrow (DCAU) (02 - Connor Hawke) http://www.comicbookdb.com/character.php?ID=40420
Still trying to learn the ways of the ComicBookDB. http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/List_of_upcoming_comics

spid

Postby spid » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:51 pm

That has more to do with the limitation of the characters available for that field than anything else.

spid

Postby spid » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:17 pm

This is just a reminder the general consensus on numbering characters was if you are going to use numbers for character order we would got with the chronological (as they appear in the comics), and not the in comic history.

As an example Dick Grayson maybe the first Robin in the new Flashpoint continuity he did not appear as the first Robin in the comics.

Previous

Return to Site Support