New Trade Entries

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

spid

New Trade Entries

Postby spid » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:05 pm

A couple things I have noticed lately with trade entries so I thought I would post a thread.

1. Check the indicia before putting in the date. Marvel will often leave off the month on their trade listing. If there is not a month there then you should leave it blank, and not fill in the month the book came out. Different publishers have different policies about that sort of thing so check each time before you enter in the date.

2. Do not leave the creator information blank. I know there can be a lot of creators listed in a trade/HC, but please fill out the information as completely as possible. We can certainly go back and clone the creators of the individual issues, but that option is not available when there are multiple "TPB" listings due to the way the publisher numbers their collections.

3. When posting an image please avoid using those images where the image is tilted off axis. These type of images are the ones Amazon uses. We can remove those images, but I would like to save everyone the heartache of posting those images only to see them removed.

Thanks.

Soda

Re: New Trade Entries

Postby Soda » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:17 pm

spid wrote:1. Check the indicia before putting in the date. Marvel will often leave off the month on their trade listing. If there is not a month there then you should leave it blank, and not fill in the month the book came out.

Why? Because the actual date is a nice and helpful information and thus important IMO as well as adding towards the quality of this page because people can come here to look it up instead of having to go to a competing site. I find it rather annoying that so many publishers leave it out. Same with Annuals. Especially there adding a month that is not mentioned in the indicia makes it more easily to find out where to put those issues for some sort of reading chronology.

spid

Postby spid » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:49 pm

Soda wrote:
spid wrote:1. Check the indicia before putting in the date. Marvel will often leave off the month on their trade listing. If there is not a month there then you should leave it blank, and not fill in the month the book came out.

Why? Because the actual date is a nice and helpful information and thus important IMO as well as adding towards the quality of this page because people can come here to look it up instead of having to go to a competing site. I find it rather annoying that so many publishers leave it out. Same with Annuals. Especially there adding a month that is not mentioned in the indicia makes it more easily to find out where to put those issues for some sort of reading chronology.

If we go by the indicia in the title why should we change things with the date? The month a trade comes may be helpful, but I do not think the month is essential for a trade or an annual.

spid

Postby spid » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:49 pm

I am going to bump this thread up again. I do not get a lot of DC trades so I was not sure of their Date policy. However, the trades I have received recently all just go with the year. So be especially vigilant when entering in the date. If the trade does not have a month listed do not put one in.

spid

Postby spid » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:15 pm

I am bumping this thread up to let people know they should check the Indicia when entering Trades (and regular comics). You should not default to using the month the Trade is put out.

Along with the nag I thought I would give this tip. In order to save time putting in entries into a Trade you can always go to the comic that has the same cover as the trade and use the Clone This Issue option to gather most of the relevant creator information.

Return to Site Support