Character Pictures

For any questions/comments/suggestions regarding using and/or contributing to ComicBookDB.com

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

Ukiah

Character Pictures

Postby Ukiah » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:50 pm

Just trying to find out the rejection issue for picture I uploaded for Hawkeye from Earth-666. The first version was rejected saying captions were showing, I trimmed down the picture some more and resubmitted... and then it was rejected with no reason stated. What is the issue with the second version I submitted?

spid

Re: Character Pictures

Postby spid » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:13 pm

I meant to add a comment when I looked at the second image it looked bigger than the original image you submitted. So it looked like during the cropping process the image was enlarged. If that is the correct aspect ration then send it again.

Ukiah

Postby Ukiah » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:58 pm

Resubmitted it on a different computer, had to find another copy of the original to crop and I guess it was a larger dimensioned version than the previous copy submitted.

But... is the height difference really a problem? It fits well within the file size limits, and I'm pretty sure I've seen larger dimensioned pictures on character profiles. Is the only problem that I submitted a slightly different aspect ratio picture than the one which was rejected?

spid

Postby spid » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:42 pm

Height alone is not a dis-qualifier, but if you take a postage size image and enlarge it to the size of a playing card I will reject it. So what happens is some one try to crop something, but they still tries to the image the same size as the original image.

Ukiah

Postby Ukiah » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:01 pm

The file size was not altered, it was just two different source pics - one which was larger than the other. The first one I submitted, which was smaller, had the captions issue. I got the message about the rejection while I was on a different computer so I looked for that same pic again and found one that was a little bigger online - fixed the cropping issue and sumitted, after that one was rejected I waited for an answer here on whether the height was the issue and then resubmitted that version again.

I feel the same way about enlargening or shrinking a pic when it warps the details, these our the comic mugshots - we want to be able to recognize the perp :P

Ukiah

Two additional character pics

Postby Ukiah » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:43 pm

Thought I'd reuse this post rather than create a new one.

Two character pics I uploaded were rejected on the basis of "Caption needs to be removed."

However I think this takes that rule to the extreme if you look at the pictures which were uploaded for the two DC characters: Larvanaut and Putty.

Please let me know if this is the only reason these characters were rejected, Putty has the edges of word bubbles (no words in them), while Larvanaut has a partial of a sound as he's landing. I can crop these pics further but felt it took away a bit from them, but if it's the only way to get them accepted...

Soda

Postby Soda » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:18 pm

Yeah, I once got a pic rejected because you could see maybe three pixels of a speech bubble.

But hey - at least you don't get your pictures rejected on a regular basis because they "look zoomed in" - which I never did once. :D

spid

Re: Two additional character pics

Postby spid » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:04 pm

Ukiah wrote:Thought I'd reuse this post rather than create a new one.

Two character pics I uploaded were rejected on the basis of "Caption needs to be removed."

However I think this takes that rule to the extreme if you look at the pictures which were uploaded for the two DC characters: Larvanaut and Putty.

Please let me know if this is the only reason these characters were rejected, Putty has the edges of word bubbles (no words in them), while Larvanaut has a partial of a sound as he's landing. I can crop these pics further but felt it took away a bit from them, but if it's the only way to get them accepted...

We gets lots of pictures in so I am not sure which ones those were, but I generally reject images with captions. Captions are generally easy to get rid of so a quick edit will get the image accepted.

Ukiah

Postby Ukiah » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:12 am

Does that include the edge of a speech bubble that has no speech in it? Just want to know how much needs to be cropped.

spid

Postby spid » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:02 am

Ukiah wrote:Does that include the edge of a speech bubble that has no speech in it? Just want to know how much needs to be cropped.

Yes, it includes all parts of the speech bubble.

Return to Site Support