Green monster mutant character - multiple appearances?

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

Ukiah

Green monster mutant character - multiple appearances?

Postby Ukiah » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:47 am

This is an odd whim post but I thought I'd make it just the same. Rewatching Wolverine and the X-Men episode 22 - there's this unnamed green monster looking mutant (fights Gambit shortly after he arrives at Genosha). This creature looks strikingly similar to an SPB which made an appearance in Stormwatch: Team Achilles (a bodyguard to a powerful telepath - I forget the issue).

Just thought it a weird coincedence since the mutant/spb has a fairly unique look to him. Does anyone know if this is a recurring character somewhere else or if the creator worked on both series?

stackrabbit87

Re: Green monster mutant character - multiple appearances?

Postby stackrabbit87 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:29 pm

This bothered me for so long. I recently purchased the blu ray of Wolverine & The X-Men. I watched that episode focused on Gambit. It's called "aces and eights" I looked all over the internet trying to figure out who the hell that green monster is. No luck, until I listened to the audio commentary and they refered to him as melloncamp. So....... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seamus_Mellencamp http://marvel.wikia.com/Seamus_Mellencamp_(Earth-616)

Ukiah

Re: Green monster mutant character - multiple appearances?

Postby Ukiah » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:50 pm

Very interesting, thanks for the heads-up.

Hmm, I wonder if that character was just used as a template, if an expy of him was used in the Team Achilles book. Just weird how very similar they appear and yet I can't find anything online that says 'so and so resembles this Marvel character'. Sure it's a very small piece of one issue of a dead comic book but... :P

Return to General Discussion