Questions about Superman/Batman:Supergirl tpb

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

Original Man

Questions about Superman/Batman:Supergirl tpb

Postby Original Man » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:37 pm

Batman is a bad ass, we all know that, but vs Doomsday? Seriously? And how did he survive the dog cavalry when one tried to consume him? I'm not really familiar with Mr. Miracle and it's obvious the device Batman borrowed of his protected him, I just don't know how it works. The part where Superman said,"and people call me Superman" spoke volumes. Cause let's be real, he's an alien and Batman is an ordinary man that accomplishes super feats. There is absolutely no reason he should have survived going to Apocalypse. And the fact that he fought the super soldier serum enhanced Captain America to a standoff in the Avengers/JLA story speaks volumes as well (he still not better than Black Panther, lol)

Aite, back to the tpb, did Darkseid not know that being that close to the sun Kal-El's power would multiply the way it did? What other stories has the Final Barrier been in? That whole concept is intriguing. Did Superman not know at first Wonder Woman teleported Supergirl towards the end, because he was crying and was really pissed according to his monologues when fighting Darkseid. Then Batman gave him Supergirl's ashes, or were they just playing that role for anyone who may have been watching?

Last but not least, was loving the kryptonian alphabet provided to translate Supergirl, and Kal-El's dialog through the story and had fun with my son decoding it but what the heck does the last translation rood eht laesnu mean?

This trade was great but I actually enjoyed the dvd more, that fight btwn Supes/Supergirl and Darkseid was epic but I loved the part where Supes threw Wonder Woman out of the way in the tpb, good stuff

mikebo

Re: Questions about Superman/Batman:Supergirl tpb

Postby mikebo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:02 pm

I haven't seen the book in question or the issues it collects, but as to your question about the last Supergirl translation, "rood eht laesnu", try imagining it was spoken by say.. Zatanna, and maybe it will become clear.

Original Man

Re: Questions about Superman/Batman:Supergirl tpb

Postby Original Man » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:16 pm

lol, yeah, I figured it out, "unseal the door"

Return to General Discussion