Beat up old comic covers...to post or not?

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

72ghosts

Beat up old comic covers...to post or not?

Postby 72ghosts » Sun May 23, 2010 2:11 am

Greetings all, I have a large quantity of comics that have not been posted on CBDB and I would like to start contributing (about time, slacker!). The problem I am having is that some of the issues in my collection are not in the best of shape; will I be frowned upon for inputting these "imperfect covers"? Or is it that by scanning in these images I can at least bring this poor neglected comic book into the arms of a community that can appreciate it for what it is, a ratty old comic book. Sure, the cover is beat up around the edges, maybe a tear in the corner, the colors are faded, and maybe some child has scrawled his name onto it with a ballpoint pen but at least we would have this book in the database. I would love that every contribution could be perfect, but when it comes to collecting old things, nothing is perfect.

Indy
Silver Donor
Silver Donor

Re: Beat up old comic covers...to post or not?

Postby Indy » Sun May 23, 2010 2:54 am

There are two schools of thought on this. First the "it's better than nothing" idea, which is probably is probably the one I would go with in this situation. The other situation is "if there is a bad pic we won't know until someone complains about it" idea; if there is no pic then we know we need one, but if it is just a bad pic then it doesn't show up in the missing issues list.

Return to General Discussion