What have you updated lately?

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

mikebo

Re: What have you updated lately?

Postby mikebo » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:33 pm

Done. We don't have the ability to remove logos actually, so I deleted the old publisher.

Soda

Postby Soda » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:27 pm

Thanks. :)

I would also like to ask if I could empty the "Viz Comics" entry and move all the manga over to "Viz Media"? One of the reasons is that I prefer to have all the comics listed under one entry (if the company stayed the same and only changed a part of its name - otherwise we would have to create an array of publishers for "Marvel" alone - like "Marvel Entertainment", "Marvel Characters, Inc." et al) and "Viz Comics" is only an imprint to begin with. It was launched as an imprint of Eclipse Comics before being published by Viz Communications and I think it would be okay to have only the Viz Media entry (the company's current name) with a disclaimer stating that it was once named Viz Communications (or have an entry named either only "Viz" or "Viz Communications/Media).

spid

Postby spid » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:08 pm

My vote would be to leave them under Viz Comics.

mikebo

Postby mikebo » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:03 pm

The spelling police replaced all improper use of "forward" with "foreword".

mikebo

Postby mikebo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:08 am

Fixed all of the dates on The Adventures of Tintin editions from Little, Brown and Company which for some reason had been entered with the dates of the Belgian Casterman albums instead. Also added a little bit of context in the title notes.
http://www.comicbookdb.com/title.php?ID=8529

Soda

Postby Soda » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:13 pm

Since I got my hands on a couple of Gladstone and Walt Disney Publication's Disney comics I could update several things:

- I added all the creators, stories and characters on the issues I had at hand (bummer that I didn't have more as basically all issues are skeleton data only. Meh)
- I renamed "Uncle Scrooge" to "Walt Disney's Uncle Scrooge" for both Gemstone and the Disney series as it is written this way in the indicia (can't confirm it for the other ones so I left them as they were)
- I completely removed Gemstone as a publisher and added it as an imprint of The Bruce Hamilton Company on ALL issues (what a hassle!)
- while I were at it I also removed "Hamilton (USA - 1950)" as a publisher, added the "Hamilton Comics" imprint and switched all issues (like "Power Rangers") to this.

Some questions remain:
- Why are "Uncle Scrooge" and "Donald Duck" divided into several series depending on the publisher while "Walt Disney's Comics and Stories" is only one series despite the publisher changing quite some times? Can't those be merged? It's rather annoying if you have to look which series you need when adding an issue that has been reprinted to a new entry.

- What should happen with the "Disney" series? Some are filed under W.D. Publications, some uner Disney comics. According to the indicia on the comics I have, Disney Comics is only used on the cover, while the indicia names the publisher as "Walt Disney Publications" (don't know where W.D. Publications comes from) which is a susidiary of The Walt Disney Company, so "W.D. Publications" would be an imprint, right? Which means removing "Disney Comics" and using "Walt Disney Company" as publisher and "Walt Disney Publications" as the imprint. Would that be okay? Has somebody additional information on this?

Oh, and those two series would have to be merged:
http://www.comicbookdb.com/title.php?ID=9614
http://www.comicbookdb.com/title.php?ID=11931
The series is named "Walt Disney's Donald Duck" in the indicia.

Kweethul

Postby Kweethul » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:19 am

Finished adding all Warhammer Monthly that were missing.

Added some more Warhammer TPB's.

Added a heap of Army of Dakrness Variant Covers for most series.

Added some missing variant covers for Boom! Studios Warhammer titles.

About to start on Deadworld.

spid

Postby spid » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:26 pm

I crossed 4,000 image submission the other day which is cool for me. A lot of the last several came from updating the early Savage Sword Of Conan characters.

Areala
Silver Donor
Silver Donor

Postby Areala » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:52 pm

Working on filling out and updating character appearances and story synopses in London Night's "Razor" books. Of which there are a metric ton missing. But hey, it's keeping me out of trouble, so... :)

*huggles*
Areala

mikebo

Postby mikebo » Tue May 21, 2013 5:52 am

mikebo

Postby mikebo » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:47 am

Finished adding story data to this book:
http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=237134
I started it a few years ago, and then never got back to it. It's a humongous volume at two feet wide when open, and nearly a foot and a half tall, so quite the ordeal.

Also, the Dark Tower Omnibus:
http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=235846

Soda

Postby Soda » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:25 pm

I added the "Epic Comics" imprint to the Marvel Epic Collection tradepaperbacks (AGAIN, after somebody removed them). The EPIC logo is printed on the back cover of those volumes so the imprint should be added IMO.

aaronmoish

Postby aaronmoish » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:26 am

I removed them, and I disagree. I added these volumes. I own them. Logo or not, these volumes have no relation to the Epic imprint. Marvel is clearly recycling the imprint's logo. They do not reprint stories published under the Epic imprint. They are not solicited under the Epic imprint. "Epic" is part of the trade dress, yes, but is no more an active imprint than "Marvel Premiere Edition", "Marvel Omnibus", "Marvel Masterworks", "Essential", "Showcase", "Archive Editions" or "New 52". All have distinct logos and are not classified as imprints. The "New Universe" logo is on the cover of Quasar (1989) #31 http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=28085. That shouldn't have the "New Universe" imprint added, right?

mikebo

Postby mikebo » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:37 am

A publisher can bring an imprint back in name only to retain copyright, and it doesn't have anything to do with the past history of the imprint necessarily. One could argue the short lived return of Epic in 2003-04 didn't have any relation to the past Epic imprint either. I agree if it's just part of the trade dress, then it may not be enough. What does the copyright information say regarding Epic, if anything? Anything along the lines of "Epic Comics is a trademark / imprint of Marvel Enterprises"?

aaronmoish

Postby aaronmoish » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:48 am

The copyright information and indicia do not mention Epic at all (except for the indicia titles, i.e. "Avengers Epic Collection"). Soda is correct in that the Epic® logo appears, very small, on the back cover by the "T" rating, above the larger Marvel logo, with a 25 cent US coin-size Epic® logo on the inside front cover with the words "Epic Collection" above it and a brief description of what Epic Collections are below it. The term "Epic Comics" does not appear anywhere. The term "Epic Collection" is not trademarked or copyrighted anywhere in or on the books.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion