Getting comics Autographed

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

wickedsteve1

Getting comics Autographed

Postby wickedsteve1 » Tue May 13, 2008 3:17 pm

Wizard World Philadelphia is coming soon and I have a question about long term comic value of signed issues. I am a huge Stephen King Dark tower fan and have all of the limited Gunslinger born comics, Peter David, the author will be there signing and I was wondering if i should get these somewhat limited comics signed. I know that signed can add value, but in the long term, the proof that the autograph is legitimate can be a problem if I ever decide to sell them. What would you do? Do you get any and all comics signed by a creator/artist? or do you think that it could actually limit their value because of a doubt of legitimacy? thanx,.
Last edited by wickedsteve1 on Tue May 13, 2008 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MadMikeyD

Postby MadMikeyD » Tue May 13, 2008 6:18 pm

Agreed. I have issues I would like to get signed because I love the issue or the work of the creator(s). Getting them signed would be something just for me, not because of any presumed additional value. And, if given the opportunity to get said issues signed, I wouldn't decide against it for fear of a decreased future value.
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

angeltread

Re: Getting comics Autographed

Postby angeltread » Wed May 14, 2008 5:35 am

wickedsteve1 wrote: the proof that the autograph is legitimate can be a problem if I ever decide to sell them.

ask to take a pic with the books laid out on the table in front of him after he signs em.

jgrn307

Postby jgrn307 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:08 pm

Yeah, the only signatures that will be likely to decrease the values are personalized ones (e.g. "To Jonathan -- thanks for your support! -- Author") -- although, to be honest, I prefer those to the generic signatures. I have never sold a single issue of my collection, so its not a big deal for me...

Indy
Silver Donor
Silver Donor

Postby Indy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Signatures make them worth less? Man, I didn't know that. I always assumed my Uncanny X-Men #94 would be worth a lot more since I got it signed by Chris Claremont, Bob McLeod and Len Wein.

Return to General Discussion