What have you updated lately?

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

mikebo

Re: What have you updated lately?

Postby mikebo » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:55 pm

I removed Tekno Comix as a publisher as well and changed the issues to "Big Entertainment" as the publisher (which I renamed to "BIG Entertainment" as this is how the publisher is written in the indicias) with "Tekno Comix" as the imprint (somebody this this already for the titles but not the single issues).

Don't the second volumes of Big Entertainment titles drop the Tekno imprint?

Soda

Postby Soda » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:05 pm

I guess so but those I didn't touch. Only the ones that were still under "Tekno Comics".

Xelloss

Postby Xelloss » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:44 pm

Created "ALL-NEW Avengers" as a group, a divide it from Avengers Original Team

aaronmoish

Postby aaronmoish » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:59 pm

Xelloss wrote:Created "ALL-NEW Avengers" as a group, a divide it from Avengers Original Team

I don't feel that is necessary. This "All-New" team is really just the current iteration of the original team. Personally, I feel like the "Initiative" and "International Team" entries should be merged into the "Original Team" for the same reason.

Xelloss

Postby Xelloss » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:31 pm

I thought the same, but as the other ones were divided, I thought this one should be devided too...

It is also true that only Iron Man is present from the "original team", and that it is quite a different team than the usual "avengers team". If teams as Unity Squad Avengers and Avengers Idea Mechanichs are different teams, it would be just wrong to say this is the original Avengers team...

(I didn't devide for example the Heroic Age Avengers, or the MARVEL NOW Avengers... as they were in spirit (and rooster) almost the original team)

Soda

Postby Soda » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:35 pm

They are referring to themselves as "The Avengers" and thus they should remain as "Avengers - Original Team". IIRC the name "Avengers Unity Squad" is referenced in-story and thus legit. "The Initiative" is IMO also legit since its the Avengers counterpart to the "New Mutants" (Avengers in training).
If we are going by what you are proposing then we can also create entries like "Bomberjacket Avengers" because at that time none of the founding members or original team were on the roster.

aaronmoish

Postby aaronmoish » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:04 pm

Soda wrote:"The Initiative" is IMO also legit since its the Avengers counterpart to the "New Mutants" (Avengers in training).

I'm referring the team listed in the database as Avengers (Marvel)(03 - The Initiative), which is the S.H.I.E.L.D. team with Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Wasp, Ares, etc.

Soda

Postby Soda » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:16 pm

Oh. Okay, then I agree that yeah, they should be removed as well.
I thought it was the team with Cloud9 and all those other members.

Xelloss

Postby Xelloss » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:17 am

I agree if it is just called "Avengers" and mixed with 01-04 versions in the database... that would make sense... (they are not the same group, but they are called exactly the same... they are like de "oficial" Avengers team)

Although Dark Avengers in Dark Reign saga also called themselves Avengers... and they were indeed the oficial Avengers team during that time period... (at least at first)

Beyonder

Postby Beyonder » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:02 pm

I updated the Beyonder,The Beyonders,The Living Tribunal and Living Tribunal (Earth-124209) profile and ima try to do others.

Soda

Postby Soda » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:51 am

I merged "Harris Comics" and "Harris Publications, Inc." into ""Harris Publications, Inc.", added "Harris Comics" as an imprint and added it to the series and issues (not the magazines as the logo couldn't be found on the cover scans and thus I left them out for the time being).
I also removed "Anarky Studios" as a publisher and added the handful of issues to the imprint (as well as changing entries attributed to "Anarky Comics" and "Anarky Press" in error). I know that some issues state "Published by Anarky Studios" but since some of the issues haven't been added with much care and people switched even within a series between using publisher and imprint I decided to list them all under the imprint until I get my hands on complete runs of the "Vampi" and "Xin" stuff to check each and every indicia.

Skattershot

Postby Skattershot » Thu May 25, 2017 5:07 am

Get credit for adding issues or titles? I've personally added quite a bit, I just haven't listed them here. Should I start doing this?

EarthFurst

Postby EarthFurst » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:28 am

Skattershot wrote:Get credit for adding issues or titles? I've personally added quite a bit, I just haven't listed them here. Should I start doing this?

We already get credit for adding issues.
example: You ( http://www.comicbookdb.com/user.php?ID=40123 ) have "Contributions" "Skattershot has 973 issue contributions"

I don't see much point in getting credit for title pages. (not much effort to create a title page ... in comparison to the effort in cataloging an issue of a comic)
Still trying to learn the ways of the ComicBookDB. http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/List_of_upcoming_comics

EarthFurst

Postby EarthFurst » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:56 pm

I was about to add GMB Chomichuk as artist of a comic,
but then I noticed there were TWO GMB Chomichuk in database.

http://www.comicbookdb.com/creator.php?ID=24299 "Gregory Chomichuk - 'GMB Chomichuk'"
AND
http://www.comicbookdb.com/creator.php?ID=24060 "GMB Chomichuk"

Creator page 24060 only has ONE credit "Asylum of Horrors (2008) #1" http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=182813
The other creator db page has credits in NINE books.

(When in issue_edit mode and searching for Chomichuk to add to the issue, only 24299 comes up ... probably because 24060 has no last name in database just "GMB Chomichuk" in alias field.)

Is it ok to take the ONE credit of creator 24060 and re-credited TO the main "Gregory Chomichuk - 'GMB Chomichuk'",
(and then 24060 is re-named to "reuse")
as I assume they are the same person?
Still trying to learn the ways of the ComicBookDB. http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/List_of_upcoming_comics

mikebo

Postby mikebo » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:53 am

Yeah, I went ahead and merged them.

Return to “General Discussion”