Marvel NOW!

Moderators: DarthSkeptical, Fnord Serious, Chris, spid, Skyhawke, Darth Kramer, mikebo

Jokers_Apprentice

Marvel NOW!

Postby Jokers_Apprentice » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:58 pm

Im torn as to which Marvel NOW! comics to start reading...

Can anyone recommend some to begin with?

Thanks.

aaronmoish

Re: Marvel NOW!

Postby aaronmoish » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:20 am

In my opinion, Fantastic Four, FF, All-New X-Men and Indestructible Hulk have had the strongest starts, so far.

Jokers_Apprentice

Postby Jokers_Apprentice » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Thanks for the reply. I've decided upon Thor: God Of Thunder and Indestructible Hulk for the moment while I wait on Superior Spider-Man.

Uthor

Postby Uthor » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:08 am

Not sure if it's part of Marvel NOW! (there's a banner on the cover, but it started before Marvel NOW! did), but Hawkeye, Hawkeye, and more Hawkguy.

Soda

Postby Soda » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:18 pm

I second the "Hawkguy" opinion. Great book, best Marvel book since Parker's "Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers".

I tried some of the proper NOW books but each and every one left be unimpressed and I'm not going to continue to buy them.

Skattershot

Postby Skattershot » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:30 am

Another Marvel attempt at "revamping" the "revamp". I'm getting so tired of Marvel's attempts at renumbering, or reheading their titles, and sadly, they're not getting any better. IMHO, I think Axel's to blame for a lot of it. All the good writer's are gone, there's ZERO continuity, and they use the "dimension/space/time" travel as a cheap excuse for any storyline. I understand that they're attempting to bring in new readers, but they're costing themselves the age-old readers that have been with them forever and a day that's it's going to be so hard to recover from losing them...I think....

spid

Postby spid » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:03 am

I have read most of Marvel Now and I think most are good. Some like Avengers Arena don't appeal to my sensibilities, but it is a good comic otherwise.

Jokers_Apprentice

Postby Jokers_Apprentice » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:50 am

Definitely going to try Hawkeye out then. I just checked and it is featured under the NOW! banner. Thanks for the suggestion.

Gotta admit I am really enjoying the new Thor.

Return to General Discussion