She was an early and influential participant in the underground comix movement, and one the few female artists in underground comix when she started. Her first comics were printed in the East Village Other. She later joined the staff of a feminist underground newspaper It Ain't Me, Babe, with whom she produced the first all-woman comic book titled It Ain't Me Babe. She became increasingly involved in creating outlets for and promoting female comics artists, through projects such as the comics anthology Wimmen's Comix. She was also the penciller on Wonder Woman for a time in the '80s.
She lives in San Francisco with her long-term partner, comic artist Steve Leialoha.
Date of Birth:
Website: http://www.trinarobbins.comE-mail: email@example.com Favorite Creators:
Trina Robbins is a favorite creator of 4 usersAwards:
- 2013 Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - Winner - Hall of Fame: (Voter's choice)
After Shock (1981)
Against the Grain: MAD Artist Wallace Wood (2003)
SC All Girl Thrills (1971)
Alter Ego (1999)
- 'Against the Grain: MAD Artist Wallace Wood'
#96 The Art of Vampirella (2010)
- 'Roy Thomas' Almighty Comics Fanzine'
HC Barbarian Comics (1972)
- 'The Art of Vampirella'
#4 Barbarian Women Comics (1975)
Barbie Halloween Special Edition (1992)
The Beats: A Graphic History (2009)
- 'Backed to the Mast'
OGN HC The Beats: Die Geschichte der Beat-Literatur (2010)
- 'The Beats: A Graphic History'
OGN HC Bessie Coleman: Daring Stunt Pilot (2007)
- 'The Beats: Die Geschichte der Beat-Literatur'
OGN SC The Best of Wimmen's Comix (1979)
Bizarre Sex (1972)
Born to be Wild (1991)
California Girls (1987)
- 'Bessie Coleman: Daring Stunt Pilot'
#1 Cartoon America: Comic Art in the Library of Congress (2006)
- 'Introducing....the California Girls'#2
- 'Comic Relief'#3
- 'Let Sleeping Cats Lie'#4
- 'Their Lucky Day'#5
- 'Little House of Horrors'#6
- 'The Two-Timer'#7
- 'The Crispy Critter'#8
- 'The Sound of Breaking Glass'
HC Chicagoland Detective Agency (2010)
Comic Art (2002)
Comic Book Artist (2003)
- 'Cartoon America: Comic Art in the Library of Congress'
#6 Comix Book (1974)
Corporate Crime (1977)
Corporate Crime Comics (1979)
David Copperfield (1999)
Demeter And Persephone (1999)
Disney Comic Hits (1995)
- 'Will Eisner Tribute'
#12 Disney's The Little Mermaid (1994)
- 'Little Mermaid - "Ariel and the Lobster's Loot"'
#1 Eclipse (1981)
Eclipse Monthly (1983)
Epic Illustrated (1980)
Fire Sale (1989)
- 'Sink or Swim'#3
- 'The Daredevilfish'#4
- 'Whirlpool World'#5
- 'My Dinner with Crustacea'#6
- 'Room at the Palace'#7
- 'There Goes the Neighborhood'#8
- 'Gone with the Waves'#10
- 'The Sorrowful Sea Monster'#11
- 'The Wrong Queen'#12
- 'Of Myths and Mermaids'
#1 First On The Moon (2001)
From Girls to Grrlz : A History of Women's Comics from Teens to Zines (1999)
- 'A Benefit for Larry Todd'
SC Gates of Eden (1982)
Gay Comix (Gay Comics) (1980)
Girl Comics (2010)
Girl Fight Comics (1972)
- 'From Girls to Grrlz : A History of Women's Comics from Teens to Zines'
#1#2 Go Girl (2004)
Go Girl! (2000)
- 'Montezuma's Revenge'
TPB#1#2 The Great Women Superheroes (1996)
- 'A Day in the Wonderful Life'#3
- 'The Teacher from Hell!'#4
- 'Summer Fun, Some're Not'#5
- 'Out of the Woodwork'
HC Hands Off! (1994)
Heavy Metal (1977)
- 'The Great Women Superheroes'HC (Limited Edition)
- 'The Great Women Superheroes'SC
- 'The Great Women Superheroes'
#22 Honey West (2010)
- 'Vol.2 No.9'#33
- 'Vol.3 No.8'
#1 Honey West & T.H.E. Cat (2013)
- 'Killer on the Keys, Chapter 1: Bikini Death'#1 (Cover B)
- 'Killer on the Keys, Chapter 1: Bikini Death'#1 (Cover C)
- 'Killer on the Keys, Chapter 1: Bikini Death'#1 (Cover D)
- 'Killer on the Keys, Chapter 1: Bikini Death'#2
- 'Killer on the Keys, Part 2: Requiem for a Dressmaker'#2 (Cover B)
- 'Killer on the Keys, Part 2: Requiem for a Dressmaker'#2 (Cover C)
- 'Killer on the Keys, Part 2: Requiem for a Dressmaker'#6
- '"Murder, Forsooth" part one'#7
- '"Murder, Forsooth" part two'#7 (Cover B)#7 (Cover C)
#1 Images of Omaha (1992)
- 'Death in the Desert'#1 (Cover B)
- 'Death in the Desert'#2
- 'Death in the Desert Part 2'
#1 Imagine (1978)
It Ain't Me Babe (1970)
Jane Eyre (1999)
Kitchen Sink Press: The First 25 Years (1994)
- 'A Benefit For Reed Waller'
HC The Legend of Wonder Woman (1986)
- 'Kitchen Sink Press: The First 25 Years'SC
- 'Kitchen Sink Press: The First 25 Years'
#1 The Life and Times of R. Crumb: Comments From Contemporaries (1998)
Lily Renée, Escape Artist: From Holocaust Survivor to Comic Book Pioneer (2011)
- 'Legends Live Forever'#2
- 'The Land of Mirrors'#3
- 'Inside the Atom Galaxy'#4
- 'Splitting the Atom'
OGN HC Macbeth (2002)
Near Myths (1978)
Near Myths (1990)
Panel One: Comic Book Scripts by Top Writers (2002)
- 'Lily Renée, Escape Artist: From Holocaust Survivor to Comic Book Pioneer'OGN SC
- 'Lily Renée, Escape Artist: From Holocaust Survivor to Comic Book Pioneer'
TPB The Phantom Chronicles (2007)
The Powerpuff Girls (2000)
Pro Junior (1971)
Promethean Enterprises (1969)
Real Girl (1990)
Renegade Romance (1987)
San Francisco Comic Book (1970)
Sexy Chix (2006)
The Someday Funnies (2011)
- 'Panel One: Comic Book Scripts by Top Writers'
HC Spirit Jam (1998)
Strip AIDS U.S.A. (1988)
Swift Comics (1971)
The Tick's 20th Anniversary Special Edition (2007)
Tits & Clits (1973)
Trina's Women (1976)
U-Comix Sonderband (1973)
- 'The Someday Funnies'
#13 The Underground Railroad (2001)
- 'Trina Robbins'#17
- 'Anthologie: Das Beste aus >>Bizarre Sex<<'
OGN SC The Warren Companion (2001)
Wet Satin (1976)
Wimmen's Comix (1972)
Womanthology: Heroic (2011)
- 'Adventures in Fantasy'
OGN HC Womanthology: Space (2012)
- 'Womanthology: Heroic'
HC Wonder Woman: Once and Future Story (1998)
- 'Womanthology: Space'
OGN SC World War 3 Illustrated (1980)
Xena: Warrior Princess - The Wrath Of Hera (1998)
Yellow Dog (1968)
- 'Once and Future Story'