A former comic book artist and current freelance film concept and storyboard artist born in Uruguay. He broke into the comic book industry in 1990, penciling and inking the Cyberad series for Continuity Comics. In 1992, he began freelancing for Marvel Comics on various X-Men titles, then moving in 1994 to WildStorm, where he worked on a wide variety of titles, including the Brass mini-series.
In 1997, he did background and character design work for the first season of the animated Spawn HBO series. A year later Bennett signed up to the full time program at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena. He attended between 1998 to 2003, graduating with a BFA in Illustration.
He continued his work in comics, video games, and films until 2000. Other projects included keyframe sketches for the 2002 HBO film Live from Baghdad and worked on designs for the character of Happy for the 2003 independent film Northfork. He also did conceptual art for the CBS series Numb3rs produced by Ridley and Tony Scott.
Since then, Bennett has been a storyboard artist on such films as AVP: Alien vs. Predator, Alien vs. Predator: Requiem, 300, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, and most recently on J. J. Abrams Star Trek film.
Since 2004, he has been working often with director David Fincher to whom he provided work for the films Zodiac and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, as well as storyboards for Heineken, Motorola, Orville and Nike commercial spots.
Date of Birth:
April 25, 1968
Website: http://www.richardbennettart.com/ Favorite Creators:
Richard Bennett - 'Richard Bennett Lamas' is a favorite creator of 3 usersAwards:
- 1997 Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - Nominee - Best Penciller/Inker or Penciller/Inker Team: (with Aron Wiesenfeld for their work on Deathblow and Wolverine [Wildstorm/Image/Marvel])
Ex-husband of Monica Bennett.
Absolute WildC.A.T.S by Jim Lee (2018)
Alan Moore's The Complete WildC.A.T.s (2007)
TPB Alpha Flight (1983)
- 'Alan Moore's The Complete WildC.A.T.s'
#92 Arcanum (1997)
- 'Compromising Positions'
#7 Arcanum [GER] (1997)
The Authority - Les Années Stormwatch (2016)
Ball and Chain (1999)
- 'Part 7 of 8'#8
- 'Part 8 of 8'
#2 Bionicle (2001)
Collection Image (1996)
- 'Marital Law'#3
- 'Love Honor and, Say What?'#4
- 'Who Said the Honeymoon Was Over?'
#7 Crazyman (1992)
- 'Deathblow & Wolverine'
#5 CyberRad (1991)
CyberRad Deathwatch 2000 (1993)
CyberRad TPB (1993)
Darkchylde: Das Vermächtnis (1999)
The Darkness Collected Editions (1997)
Darkness Compendium (2006)
The Darkness (1996)
- 'Deathblow en Wolverine'
Compendium HC The Darkness (1997)
The Darkness (1998)
The Darkness (2000)
Die Fantastischen Vier (1999)
- 'Compendium Volume 1'Origins TPB vol. 01Origins TPB vol. 02Origins TPB vol. 03TPB vol. 01
- 'Coming of Age'TPB vol. 02
- 'Heart of Darkness'#6
- 'End of an Era'#7
- 'Playing God'#7 (Michael Turner variant cover)
- 'Playing God'#7 (Museum Edition)
- 'Playing God'#8#8 (American Entertainment Gold Foil Edition)#8 (Silvestri Cover)#9
- 'Family Ties, Part 2'#9 (Goldfoil Variant)
- 'Family Ties, Part 2'#10
- 'Family Ties, Part 3'#10 (American Entertainment Gold Foil Edition)
- 'Family Ties, Part 3'#10 (Jay Company Edition)
- 'Wizard World Los Angeles, Top Cow After School Special, Red Foil, Ltd.500'#10 (Jay Company Sketch Edition)
- 'Wizard World Los Angeles, Top Cow After School Special, Gold Foil, Ltd.500'#10 (Jay Company Virgin Edition)
- 'Wizard World Los Angeles, Top Cow After School Special, Ltd.100'#10 (Jay Company Virgin Sketch Edition)
- 'Family Ties, Part 3'#11
- 'Hearts of Darkness, Part One'#11 (Billy Tan variant cover)
- 'Hearts of Darkness, Part One'#11 (Brandon Peterson variant cover)
- 'Hearts of Darkness, Part One'#11 (Chrome Cover)
- 'Hearts of Darkness, Part One'#11 (Dale Keown variant cover)
- 'Hearts of Darkness, Part One'#11 (David Finch variant cover)
- 'Hearts of Darkness, Part One'#11 (Hildebrandt Brothers variant cover)
- 'Hearts of Darkness, Part One'#11 (Holochrome variant cover)
- 'Hearts of Darkness, Part One'#11 (Holoplaid variant cover)
- 'Hearts of Darkness, Part One'#11 (Joe Benitez variant cover)
- 'Hearts of Darkness, Part One'#11 (Michael Turner variant cover)
- 'Hearts of Darkness, Part One'#11 (Museum Edition variant cover)
- 'Hearts of Darkness, Part One'#11 (Nathan Cabrera variant cover)
- 'Hearts of Darkness, Part One'#11 (Print error Chrome cover)
- 'Hearts of Darkness, Part One'#11 (Whilce Portacio variant cover)
- 'Hearts of Darkness, Part One'#12
#10 Divine Intervention/WildCats (1999)
Divine Right (1997)
Divine Right (1998)
Dreams of the Darkchylde (2000)
Dreams of the DarkChylde Comic Action 2000 (2000)
Earth 4 Deathwatch 2000 (1993)
Essential X-Men (1995)
- 'Narren & Propheten'
#2 Fantastic Four (1996)
- 'A Death In The Family'
#10 Gamorra Swimsuit Special (1996)
- 'Madmen & Prophets'
#29 Gen13 Yearbook '97 (1997)
- 'Il Faudra Me Passer sur le Corps!'
#1 Gen13: Wired (1999)
Hybrids Deathwatch 2000 (1993)
Image Special (1997)
- 'Superheroes at Large'
#13 James Robinson's The Complete WildC.A.T.s (2009)
- 'Tales of the Witchblade deel 2'
TPB Megalith (1989)
- 'James Robinson's The Complete WildC.A.T.s'
#8 Nine Volt (1997)
Robo Dojo (2002)
Savage Dragon (1993)
Savage Dragon: Team-Ups (1998)
Star Trek: Divided We Fall (2001)
- 'Giant-Rabid Ratman!'
#1 Stormwatch (1993)
Stormwatch Sourcebook (1994)
Tales of the Witchblade (1996)
- 'No Quarter'#4
- 'United We Stand'
TPB Tales of the Witchblade (1997)
Top Cow Sonderheft (2000)
#5 Uncanny X-Men (1963)
Weapon Zero (1996)
WildC.A.T.s: Covert Action Teams (1992)
WildC.A.T.s: Covert-Action-Teams (1995)
WildCats: Mosaic (2000)
Wildstorm Fine Arts: Spotlight on Jim Lee (2007)
Wildstorm Universe Sourcebook (1995)
Witchblade Hors Série (1997)
- 'Tales of the Witchblade'
#2 Witchblade/Darkness (1997)
- 'Les Légendes de Witchblade'
#13#24 X-Men (1991)
- 'Prisioneros del Destino'
TPB X-Men (1992)
X-Men Poster Magazine (1995)
X-Men: Fatal Attractions (2012)
- 'A Skinning of Souls'
TPB X-Men/WildC.A.T.s: The Dark Age (1998)
- 'X-Men: Fatal Attractions'