Brad began his commercial art career inking comic books for publisher AC Comics, while at the same time refining and expanding his skills with additional training at the Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art. During his time there, he did some additional comic book work pencilling for D.C. Comics. After graduating, Brad went on to do a stint as one of John Romita, Sr.'s art apprentices, the 'Romita's Raiders', at the offices of Marvel Comics in New York City. Having established himself as a premiere inker and colorist in the comic book industry, he then went freelance, and began working on a variety of top titles, such as The Hulk, Spider-Man, and the X-Men, for Marvel Comics, Bloodshot for Acclaim Comics, Stormwatch for Image Comics, and Superman, and the highly acclaimed mini-series, Aquaman: Time and Tide, for D.C. Comics. In addition to his comic book work, Brad has drafted storyboards for a variety of media uses, including a public service announcement for the Cerebral Palsy Foundation, which was sponsored by The Walt Disney Company. He also had a major role in doing overall design, conceptual artwork, graphic design, and actual ride artwork for the 'Adventures of Spider-Man' multi-media attraction in both the Islands of Adventure theme park at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida, and Universal Studios Japan in Osaka. Brad has also worked in the video game industry on a number of PC and PlayStation 2 titles for Interplay Entertainment Corp., producing level design art, conceptual art, and texture maps. Most recently, he revisited working in comics by producing art for publisher and multi-media entertainment company CrossGeneration Entertainment. Currently, Brad enjoys residing and freelancing in the Los Angeles area.
Date of Birth:
Website: http://bradvancata.com/E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Favorite Creators:
Brad Vancata is a favorite creator of 2 users
2099 Unlimited (1993)
#1 Action Comics (1938)
The Amazing Spider-Man (1963)
- 'Blood Rush'#2
- 'The Fading Dead'#3
- 'Blur of Time'
#332 Aquaman (1994)
Aquaman: Time and Tide (1993)
- 'Sunday In The Park With Venom!'
TPB Avengers West Coast (1989)
The Avengers (1963)
Avengers: Citizen Kang (2011)
Bill & Ted's Excellent Comic Book (1991)
- 'Aquaman: Time and Tide'#1
- 'Time & Tide, Part 1: Flash Back'#1 (Newstand Edition)
- 'Time & Tide, Part 1: Flash Back'#2
- 'Time & Tide, Part 2: Fish Tales'#3
- 'Time & Tide, Part 3: Snowball in Hell'#4
- 'Time & Tide, Part 4: King of the Sea'
#11 Bloodshot (1993)
- 'Lincoln Immemorial'
#46 Brath (2003)
Bubblegum Crisis: Grand Mal (1994)
Deadpool Classic (2008)
- 'Double, Double-Cross and Rumble'
#23 Der Unglaubliche Hulk Comic-Taschenbuch (1980)
- 'And We Are Not Saved!'#25
- 'Protect and Defend'
#38 Destructor Nocturno (1994)
Die Fantastischen Vier Comic-Taschenbuch (1979)
- 'Die Rückkehr der Verteidiger'#41
- 'Lücken Schliessen'
#41 Doc Samson (1996)
- 'Die Rückkehr in die Negativzone'
#3 Doom Force Special (1992)
Doom Patrol (1987)
Double Dragon (1991)
- 'The Final Analysis'
#1 Essential X-Men (1999)
- 'Enter The Double Dragon'#2
- 'Double Jeopardy'#3
- 'One Dragon on the Ground'#4
- 'Dragon's Flight'#5
- 'Hour of the Dragon'#6
- 'Last of the Dragon'
TPB vol. 03 Fantastic Four (1961)
- 'House of M: Prelude - Excalibur'#10
- 'Saturday Night Fever, Part 3: Casting Fate'#11
- 'The Devil's Own, Part 1: Save the Life of My Child'#14
- 'The Devil's Own, Part 4: The End of the World As We Know It!'
#16 The First (2000)
Ghost Rider (1990)
Green Lantern Corps Quarterly (1992)
Green Lantern/Sinestro Corps Secret Files (2008)
Hulk Visionaries: Peter David (2005)
- 'Barefoot and Malevolent'
#4 Impulse: Reckless Youth (1997)
The Incredible Hulk (1968)
The Invincible Iron Man DVD-ROM (2007)
Iron Man (1968)
Justice League Quarterly (1990)
- 'Bad Influence'#27
- 'Fight for Your Right to Party'
#38 Legion of Super-Heroes (1989)
The Lethal Foes of Spider-Man (1993)
- 'Welcome to the Palace of Pleasure'
#1 Marvel Annual & Quarterly Reports (1992)
Marvel Comics Presents (1988)
- 'Deadly Reunion'#2
- 'Hate is a Many Splendored Thing'#4
#55 Marvel Super-Heroes (1990)
Marvel Swimsuit Special (1992)
- 'With Friends Like These/The Gathering Storm/Pursuit/The Songs of Mary Tao-Yu'#82#111
- 'Roadkill/Betrayal/Over Exposed/Menace of the Mad Abbot'#137
- 'Rumble in the Jungle/Giant Trouble/Rage of Honor/The Highwayman Comes Riding'#157
- 'Souls of Suffering/The Guantlet/Jury of your Peers/Mother May I'
#1 Marvel: The Year-in-Review (1989)
- 'Take a Wakanda Wild Side'#2
- 'Big Fun on Monster Island'
#4 Namor, The Sub-Mariner (1990)
The New Mutants (1983)
The New Warriors (1990)
- 'Year-In-Review '92'#5
- 'Year-In-Review '93'
Annual 03 New X-Men (2004)
- 'The Unbearable Darkness of Being'
TPB vol. 04 The Night Man (1993)
Over the Edge (1995)
- 'House Of M: New X-Men - Academy X'#16
- 'House Divided, Part 1 of 4'#16 (2nd Printing)
- 'House Divided, Part 1 of 4'#17
- 'House Divided, Part 2 of 4'#18
- 'House Divided, Part 3 of 4'#19
- 'House Divided, Part 4 of 4'
#4 Peter Parker: Spider-Man (1999)
Peter Parker: Spider-Man [GER] (2001)
- 'The Jokers Wild / Opportunities Missed'
#1 Punisher 2099 (1993)
Rai and the Future Force (1993)
- 'Kraft ... aber keine Verantwortung!'
#31 Showcase '94 (1994)
The Solution (1993)
Spider-Man 2099 (1992)
Spider-Man: Deadly Foes of Spider-Man (2011)
- 'Bad Penny'#32
- 'Bad Penny, Part Two'
TPB Spider-Man: The Vengeance of Venom (2011)
Spider-Man: Venom Returns (1993)
Superman Special (1996)
- 'Spider-Man: Deadly Foes of Spider-Man'
#4 Superman: The Man of Steel (1991)
Superman: They Saved Luthor's Brain! (2000)
- 'Verschollen im All!'
Annual 17 Uncanny X-Men (1963)
- 'Citizen Kang, Part 2'TPB
- 'Sunlight and Shadows'#498
- 'Life Preservation'
#4 The Wanderers (1988)
- 'Low Blow!'#5
- 'Go Directly to Jail'
#11 War Dancer (1994)
- 'The Quantum Twist'#12
- 'Nightsparks for the Wing'#13
#5 West Coast Avengers (1985)
Wonder Man (1991)
- 'Lead Him Not Into Temptation'
#18 X-Force (1991)
X-Men Adventures (1992)
- 'The Ashes Fall'#20
- 'The Cutting Room'
TPB vol. 03
- 'The Irresistible Force - The Muir Island Saga'#12
- 'To End in Fire'