SuperHeroStuff.com September 2010 Synopsis Contest Rules and Examples
SuperHeroStuff.com and ComicBookDB.com have partnered to bring you the widest selection of Superhero Merchandise on the web. Every month we will be running a free giveaway to the ComicBookDB.com community. The prize will change each month and you can enter every time a new prize is listed.
For this first month, we are giving away a $100 gift certificate to the SuperHeroStuff.com store! You can use the gift certificate to purchase all manner of free swag! We will announce the winner on this site as well as via email. Enter today before you forget!
How do you win? It's pretty simple really. The contributor who submits the most issue/story synopses during the month of September will win the grand prize of $100 to SuperHeroStuff.com. Please note that there are several rules which define what constitutes a valid entry.
- Entries must be at least 300 characters long (this includes spaces).
- Entries must be original - they cannot appear anywhere else, even if the contributor has the original copyright of a synopsis elsewhere. This includes publisher solicitation blurbs.
- Entries only count when the synopsis was previously empty (or the issue is new). Changing an existing synopsis, regardless of its quality or length, will not count towards this contest.
- If an issue has multiple stories, entries for each story qualify, just for as they do for regular issue entries.
Superman Secret Files and Origins 2005 #1, the issue has two qualifying stories - "Superman is Weak!" and "Bizarro: Birthwrong". Note that "Lois and the Big One!" does not qualify because the synopsis does not meet the 300 character minimum.
- An entry will not count if it is simply the summary of multiple stories within the issue.
Example: Sensation (Mystery) Comics #1 is invalid because the synopsis is a summary of the stories within the issue.
- Entries should be well-written. If an entry is full of typos and grammatical errors, it may be disqualified.
- Entries must be descriptive of the issue or story that they are attributed to. Synopses that are general enough that they could apply to any number of stories will not count, i.e. "Lois Lane gets captured and is in peril. Clark Kent finds out, changes into Superman and saves the day."
- It's always preferable to put as much correct information into the site as possible. Entries with incorrect information (i.e. wrong cover price, characters, etc.) may be disqualified. If you are adding a new issue, not putting in the creators for the issue will be highly frowned upon and weigh against you when measuring whether or not an entry is valid.
- The contest ends September 30th, 2010 at 11:59pm EST.