Naiad (02 - Mai Miyazaki)
Real Name: Mai Miyazaki
Search for 'Naiad (02 - Mai Miyazaki)' on Amazon
Japanese environmentalist Mai Miyazaki died in a disaster caused by the Shogun Oil company. From her consciousness was formed a new being, the Water Elemental Naiad. Possessing the anger of Mai Miyazaki, Naiad went on a rampage against humanity together with the Air Elemental Red Tornado. The two were stopped by the intervention of fellow Elementals Firestorm and Swamp Thing. Later, Naiad attempted to get revenge on Shogun Oil, but was stopped by Superman and the Spectre. Naiad is connected to the field known as the Blue or the Clear. Her creation was possibly machinated by the Parliament of Waves, but it is unknown how the Parliament's recent destruction may influence Naiad's mission. When last seen, Naiad tried to destroy the new Fire Elemental Corona, whom she considered tainted by evil. After the internvention of Aquaman, the two Elementals made peace and left together, leaving a rainbow as farewell.
First Appearance: Firestorm, the Nuclear Man (1986) #90
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
#8 Firestorm, the Nuclear Man (1986)
- 'Elemental, My Dear Aquaman'
#90 Justice League of America (2006)
- 'Force of Nature, The Elemental War Part 1'#91
- 'Confrontation, The Elemental War Part 2'#92
- 'Vision, The Elemental War Part 3'#93
- 'Storm Front, The Elemental War Part 4'
The DC Comics Encyclopedia (2004)
HC The Spectre (1992)
- 'The DC Comics Encyclopedia'HC
- 'The DC Comics Encyclopedia: Updated And Expanded'
#19 Who's Who in the DC Universe (1990)
- 'Spear of Destiny, Part 1: Afire'#21
- 'Spear of Destiny, Part 3: Troubled Waters'#22
- 'Spear of Destiny, Conclusion'
- 'Booster Gold to Starman'
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character