Real Name: Jackson King
Search for 'Battalion (Wildstorm)' on Amazon
* Attractive Male
* Electricity Control
* Force Field (and Psi-Shield)
* Ciber-Tran Power Suit
* Psionic (he can activate his power suite).
* Super Speed
* Super Strength
* Unarmed Combat
* Weapon Master
*** ORIGIN ***
The first iteration of the Stormwatch Program was known as Stormwatch Prime and consisted of Battalion, Flashpoint, Nautica, Sunburst and Backlash. Backlash was made team leader because of his strong psionic powers, his athletic physique and his ability to keep a cool head under pressure. He led Stormwatch Prime on many successful missions until an accident in at the end of Desert Storm. In their first confrontation with Deathtrap and the MERCS, Flashpoint, Nautica and Sunburst fell before the enemy and were presumed dead. Only Backlash and Battalion escaped, but the loss dealt a heavy blow to Battalion. Between that loss and the evil path his father took, self-doubt started to form in ’s mind.
From the ashes of Stormwatch Prime, Stormwatch One was assembled. Tragedy struck again though, and on one of their first missions, ’s friend and mentor, John Windsor, was killed by Deathtrap. King thought about leaving Stormwatch after this but was convinced to stay by teammate Synergy. Not only did she make him realize that as a man of action, he needed Stormwatch as much as it needed him, but she activated his younger brother Malcolm. She did it to save his life, but it gave Battalion another reason to stay Now Battalion could keep an eye on his brother since he’d now have to be trained on Skywatch.
Around this time Battalion and Synergy’s mutual interest in each was growing (though they denied it when asked). However, during an incident in another dimension to stop the sorcerer known as Argus, Battalion put a strain on that relationship. Though he’d followed Argus to his home dimension for the sole purpose of saving Christine, he met a princess there and they spent the night together. He almost stayed with her on her world but Argus killed her and so went back to his dimension, but the damage was done and he and Christine weren’t very close for a while.
After an incident on Skywatch where Daemonites released the WarGuard, Battalion led Stormwatch One into a mission in Gamorra where they faced up against Deathtrap yet again. This time the confrontation with the deadly mercenary ended in victory even though the entire situation was a trap. Battalion found out that his teammates from Stormwatch Prime had survived and they were able to be rescued; though he had to disobey orders to do it. His teammates had been held captive for quite some time and while Nautica and Sunburst would eventually come to thank Battalion for finally saving them, Flashpoint, who had already resented Battalion never did, and his hatred for burned hotter.
Some time and several missions later, Battalion was met in his quarters by a time traveler named Timespan who took him a year into the future. There he saw everything he knew in ruins. Skywatch had been destroyed, his team still existed but it was little more than a small resistance led by Spartan (now that the Wildcats were dead), and his father Despot was on the cusp of taking over the world. On top of that, it appeared that he himself had died. After returning from the future he told no-one what he had seen and continued going on missions. Not knowing exactly when he would die, he was more determined than ever to make a difference before he did, repeatedly disobeying orders and putting himself in dangerous positions that he didn’t have to, but surviving and gaining victory. During this time he finally allowed himself to act on his feelings for Synergy and they got very close, acting like a couple both on and off duty, though that was somewhat affected by her becoming Weatherman after Henry Bendix was fired for defending Battalion’s rash decisions.
Field leader of Stormwatch supergroup of heroes.
First Appearance: Stormwatch (1993) #1
Battalion (Wildstorm) is a favorite character of 3 users
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
#13 Backlash (1994)
- 'World War 3, Part 2: Winning and Losing'
Captain America (1996)
#13 Captain America (1999)
- 'World War 3, Part 4: War Without End...'
#13 Codename: Strykeforce (1994)
- 'Dritter Weltkrieg (4/4): Krieg ohne Ende...'
Colección Extra SuperHéroes (2011)
#17 Coup D'Etat: Afterword (2004)
- 'Capitán América 02: Resplandor rojo '
DC/WS DreamWar (2008)
TPB Deathmate (1993)
- 'DC / WildStorm DreamWar'#5
- 'Bad To The Bone'#6
- '...Perchance To Dream'
Die Fantastischen Vier (1999)
#13 Die Rächer (1999)
- 'Dritter Weltkrieg (1/4): Leben im Krieg'
#13 DV8: Gods and Monsters (2010)
- 'Dritter Weltkrieg (2/4): Sieger und Verlierer'
TPB Fantastic Four (1996)
- 'Gods and Monsters'#8
- 'part eight of eight: "Up in the Sky"'
#13 Gen13 (1995)
- 'World War 3, Part 1: Life in Wartime'
#11 Iron Man (1996)
- 'Swim Out Past the Breakers, Watch the World Die'
#13 Iron Man (1999)
- 'World War 3, Part 3: No Time to Mourn!'
#13 Number of the Beast (2008)
- 'Dritter Weltkrieg (3/4): Keine Zeit zu trauern!'
TPB#6 Sleeper: Season Two (2004)
- 'Verse Six: Apocalyptic Fiction'#7
- 'Verse Seven: The Greatest Generation'#8
- 'Verse Eight: The Late Great Planet Earth'
StormWatch [GER] (2003)
#1#2#3#4#5#6#7 Stormwatch: P.H.D. (2007)
- 'Wandel oder Untergang Teil Eins'#8
- 'Wandel oder Untergang Teil zwei'#9
- 'Seltsames Wetter Teil Eins'#10
- 'Seltsames Wetter Teil Drei'#11
- 'Eine bessere Welt'#12
- 'Der Puls'#13
- 'Der Puls'#14
- 'WILDC.A.T.S. / Aliens'
#1 Stormwatch: P.H.D.: Armageddon (2008)
- 'In a New York Minute'#2
- 'Ladies' Night'#5
- 'Talking With the King'#6
- 'A Day at the Office'#7
- 'Assault on Precinct 18'#8
- 'Upstairs, Downstairs'#9
- 'Who Shot J.K.?'#10
- 'Where Are They Now'#11
- 'Family Matters'#12
- 'The Big Payback'#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21
- 'Scorched Earth'#22#23#24
#16 The Authority (1999)
- 'Part Four of Six: '#18
- 'Part Six of Six: Pitt'
The Authority (2008)
The Authority [GER] (2001)
#15 The Authority [GER] (2006)
- 'Schöne Neue Welt III/Hoher Einsatz'
The Authority: Human on the Inside (2004)
OGN HC The Authority: Prime (2007)
- 'Human on the Inside'OGN SC
- 'Human on the Inside'
TPB The Authority: The Lost Year (2010)
- 'Breach of Trust'#1
- 'Breach of Trust, Part 1'#2
- 'Breach of Trust, Part 2'#3
- 'Breach of Trust, Part 3'#4
- 'Breach of Trust, Part 4'#5
- 'Breach of Trust, Part 5'#6
- 'Breach of Trust, Part 6'
The Monarchy (2001)
#1 Union (1993)
- 'Book One: Red Shift'#2
- 'Book Two: Union City Blues'#3
- 'Book Three: Vox Populi, Part 1: Blackbird'#4
- 'Book 4: Vox Populi'#5
- 'Book 5: Making the Metropolitan, Prelude: The Boy Who Talked to Spiders'#6
- 'Book 6: Making the Metropolitan, Part One: Towing the Drag Line'#7
- 'Making the Metropolitan Part Two: Cold Water'#8
- 'Book 8: Making the Metropolitan, Part Three: Fever'#9
- 'Book 9: Making the Metropolitan, Part Four: God Save the Queen'#10
- 'Book 10: The Idiot's Guide to the Death of the World, Part 1 of 3: Angels and Insects'#11
- 'Book 11: The Idiot's Guide to the Death of the World, Part 2 of 3: Bellerophon'#12
- 'Book 12: The Idiot's Guide to the Death of the World, Part 3 of 3: Reweaving'
#12 WildCats (2008)
- 'My Father's House'
TPB vol. 02 Wildstorm Rarities (1994)
- 'Family Secrets'#11#19
- 'Red Blade, 1 of 3: Red Dawn'#20#21
- 'Red Blade 3 of 3: Red Reign'#23
- 'The Protectorate Part 1 of 3: Groundwork'#24
- 'The Protectorate'#25
- 'The Protectorate Part 3 of 3: Knock Down, Drag Out'#26
- 'Desert Storms'#27
- 'Bad Medicine 1 of 4: The Broken Heart of the World'#28
- 'Bad Medicine Part 2 of 4: Firebreak'#29
- 'Bad Medicine Part 3 of 4: Change'#30
- 'Bad Medicine Part 4 of 4: In Practice'
Wildstorm Revelations (2008)
#1 WildStorm Universe (2009)
- 'Part One: The Coming Storm'
Wildstorm Universe 97 (1996)
Wildstorm: After the Fall (2010)
TPB Worldstorm (2006)
- 'WildStorm: After the Fall'
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character