Search for 'Clearbrook' on Amazon
Lifemate of One-Eye and Treestump (after One-Eye's death); mother of an unnamed daughter and Scouter; grandmother of Pool.
Calm, dignified and thoughtful, choosing her words carefully, Clearbrook is the eldest female Wolfrider. As an elder, her quiet advice is never overlooked. Both mother figure and warrior, Clearbrook is now an advocate of forgiveness and letting go of the past - but the road required for her to come to that quiet understanding was harrowing. Losing her lifemate, One-Eye, during the original Quest turned Clearbrook into a fierce and vengeful angel of death. Cutting off her long braid and wrapping it around him seemed to cut her off from her usual gentle ways for the rest of the Elf-Troll War. Consumed with hunger for revenge, it dulled her own survival instincts. Hope flared briefly that her lifemate might be returned to her when Leetah tried her desperate healing on One-Eye... but failed.
It took the healing of time to allow Clearbrook to release her grief over One-Eye's death. With this release, Clearbrook was finally free to accept all that Treestump offered. Clearbrook's encounters with Two-Edge, coupled with the resurgence of her usual good sense and gentle nature, led her to embrace forgiveness. Clearbrook has had at least two children in her long life, Scouter and an unnamed daughter.
First Appearance: Fantasy Quarterly (1978) #1
Clearbrook is a favorite character of 2 users
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
#1 ElfQuest (1985)
- 'Fire and Flight'#2
- 'Raid At Sorrow's End'#3
- 'The Challenge'#4
- 'Voice of the Sun'#6
- 'The Quest Begins'#8
- 'Hands Of The Symbol Maker'#9
- 'The Lodestone'#10
- 'The Forbidden Grove'#11
- 'Lair Of The Bird Spirits'#12
- 'What Is the Way?'#13
- 'The Secret Of The Wolfriders'#14
- 'The Fall'#15
- 'The Quest Usurped'#16
- 'The Go-Backs'#17
- 'The First War'#18
- 'The Treasure'#19
- 'Quest's End Part 1'#20
- 'Quest's End Part 2'
#1 ElfQuest: 25th Anniversary Special (2003)
- 'Fire & Flight'#2
- 'Journey to Sorrow's End'#3
- 'Raid At Sorrow's End!'#4
- 'The Challenge'#5
- 'Bridge of Destiny'#6
- 'Voice of the Sun'#10
- 'Return to the Holt'#12
- 'Hands Of The Symbol Maker'#13
- 'The Warning And The Way'#14
- 'The Lodestone'#16
- 'Noisybad Highthing!'#18
- 'Riddle of Blue Mountain'#19
- 'What Is The Way?'#20
- 'Fine Feathers'#22
- 'The Fall'#23
- 'The Awakening'#24
- 'The Quest Usurped!'#25
- 'The Go-Backs'#26
- 'Two-Edge's Clue'#27
- 'The First War'#28
- 'The Treasure'#29
- 'The Game of Two-Edge'#30
- 'Final Battles'#31
- 'Quest's End Part 1'#32
- 'Quest's End Part 2'
ElfQuest: Bedtime Stories (1994)
ElfQuest: Hidden Years (1992)
#3 ElfQuest: Kings of the Broken Wheel (1990)
- 'Little Patch'#4
- 'Right of Passage'
#1 ElfQuest: New Blood (1992)
- 'Kings of The Broken Wheel Part 1'#2
- 'Kings of The Broken Wheel Part 2'#3
- 'Kings of The Broken Wheel Part 3'#4
- 'Kings of The Broken Wheel Part 4'#5
- 'Kings of The Broken Wheel Part 5'#6
- 'Kings of The Broken Wheel Part 6'#7
- 'Kings of the Broken Wheel Part 7'#9
- 'Kings of the Broken Wheel Part 9'
#1 ElfQuest: Siege at Blue Mountain (1987)
- 'The Price of a Soul'
#1 ElfQuest: The Discovery (2006)
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain - Part 1'#2
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain II'#3
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain III'#4
- 'Siege At Blue Mountain Part 4'#5
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain Part 5'#6
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain Part 6'#7
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain Part 7'#8
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain Part 8'
#1 Elfquest: The Searcher and the Sword (2004)
- 'Elfquest: The Discovery - Part One'#2
- 'Elfquest: The Discovery - Part Two'#3
- 'Elfquest: The Discovery - Part Three'#4
- 'ElfQuest: The Discovery - Part Four'
OGN HC Elfquest: Wolfrider (2003)
- 'The Seacher and the Sword'OGN SC
- 'The Seacher and the Sword'
Fantasy Quarterly (1978)
The Complete Elfquest (1988)
- 'The Secret of Two-Edge'Vol. 8
- 'Kings of the Broken Wheel'
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character