Search for 'Moonshade (ElfQuest)' on Amazon
Soulname Eyrn. Lifemate of Strongbow; mother of Crescent and Dart; grandmother of Bowki.
Moonshade is the Wolfriders' tanner. Though the process can be lengthy and tedious, Moonshade enjoys the quiet hours bringing the beauty out of supple hide. Moonshade, like her lifemate Strongbow, is quite the traditionalist, strong-minded and with an unshakable ideology. Completely devoted to him, Moonshade defends him even when she knows him to be wrong. Moonshade has spent more years away from her son, Dart, than with him. While she missed him terribly, Moonshade understood and accepted that Dart was where he was needed.
Harder was her separation from Strongbow: when the archer was required to be part of the force set to retrieve the Palace shards, Moonshade followed her own duty, leaving with Ember's new tribe. Agonized over leaving Strongbow, she found it hard to take orders from Ember, who she felt was no more than a half-grown cub. Things only grew worse each time Ember turned down her advice. It took a false vision of Moonshade's long-dead daughter, Crescent, to provide a bridge between advisor and new chief. After the quest to recover the Palace shards, Moonshade was reunited with Strongbow and joined the rest of the older members of the tribe to help reestablish the Father Tree Holt.
First Appearance: Fantasy Quarterly (1978) #1
Moonshade (ElfQuest) is a favorite character of 1 user
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
Abenteuer in der Elfenwelt (1984)
#31 ElfQuest (1978)
- 'Die Mutter der Wölfe'
#1 Elfquest (1998)
- 'Fire & Flight'#2
- 'Journey to Sorrow's End'#3
- 'Raid At Sorrow's End!'#4
- 'The Challenge'#5
- 'Bridge of Destiny'#6
- 'Voice of the Sun'#8
- 'Soul Names'#10
- 'Return to the Holt'#12
- 'Hands Of The Symbol Maker'#13
- 'The Warning And The Way'#14
- 'The Lodestone'#15
- 'The Forbidden Grove'#16
- 'Noisybad Highthing!'#17
- 'Lair Of The Bird Spirits'#18
- 'Riddle of Blue Mountain'#19
- 'What Is The Way?'#20
- 'Fine Feathers'#22
- 'The Fall'#23
- 'The Awakening'#24
- 'The Quest Usurped!'#25
- 'The Go-Backs'#26
- 'Two-Edge's Clue'#27
- 'The First War'#28
- 'The Treasure'#29
- 'The Game of Two-Edge'#31
- 'Quest's End Part 1'#32
- 'Quest's End Part 2'
Elfquest Archives (2004)
ElfQuest: 25th Anniversary Special (2003)
ElfQuest: Bedtime Stories (1994)
ElfQuest: Graphic Novel Series (1993)
ElfQuest: Hidden Years (1992)
#1 ElfQuest: Kings of the Broken Wheel (1990)
- 'Little Patch'#4
- 'Right of Passage'#5
- 'Starfall, Starrise'#26
- 'Questions -- No Answers'
#1 ElfQuest: New Blood (1992)
- 'Kings of The Broken Wheel Part 1'#3
- 'Kings of The Broken Wheel Part 3'#4
- 'Kings of The Broken Wheel Part 4'#5
- 'Kings of The Broken Wheel Part 5'#7
- 'Kings of the Broken Wheel Part 7'#9
- 'Kings of the Broken Wheel Part 9'
ElfQuest: Siege at Blue Mountain (1987)
#1 ElfQuest: The Discovery (2006)
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain - Part 1'#2
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain II'#3
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain III'#4
- 'Siege At Blue Mountain Part 4'#5
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain Part 5'#6
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain Part 6'#7
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain Part 7'#8
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain Part 8'
TPB Elfquest: The Grand Quest (2004)
- 'The Discovery'#1
- 'Elfquest: The Discovery - Part One'#2
- 'Elfquest: The Discovery - Part Two'#3
- 'Elfquest: The Discovery - Part Three'#4
- 'ElfQuest: The Discovery - Part Four'
Elfquest: The Searcher and the Sword (2004)
OGN HC Elfquest: Wolfrider (2003)
- 'The Seacher and the Sword'OGN SC
- 'The Seacher and the Sword'
Fantasy Quarterly (1978)
The Complete Elfquest (1988)
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character