Search for 'Strongbow' on Amazon
Soulname Wyl. Lifemate of Moonshade; father of Crescent and Dart; grandfather of Bowki.
Strongbow is the reserved, silent archer of the Wolfriders. Ever the devil's advocate, Strongbow is often right, but finds no value in saying "I told you so." He has a powerful ability to send, and is considered by his tribe a strong magic user.
Strongbow is completely devoted to his lifemate, Moonshade, and intensely proud of their son Dart. Strongbow will do anything to protect lifemate and cub, up to and including killing another elf - an act he committed, which resulted in dire consequences. While at the time there was no question as to what needed to be done, the scars remained with Strongbow for years. It took an encounter with the spirit of the murdered elf in the Palace of the High Ones to heal Strongbow at last.
Strongbow is extremely serious, rarely smiles, and prefers sending to audible speech. He only speaks when overcome by great emotion or to communicate to those who cannot send. While loyal, he will question his chief's judgment when he truly believes it to be wrong. A fierce conservative and traditionalist, Strongbow rails at change and newfangled ideas. Never the less, after the Djun war, he and Moonshade went with Cutter to rebuild the Father Tree Holt.
First Appearance: Fantasy Quarterly (1978) #1
Strongbow is a favorite character of 1 user
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
#1 Elfquest Archives (2004)
- 'Fire & Flight'#2
- 'Journey to Sorrow's End'#3
- 'Raid At Sorrow's End!'#4
- 'The Challenge'#5
- 'Bridge of Destiny'#6
- 'Voice of the Sun'#8
- 'Soul Names'#9
- 'The Quest Begins'#10
- 'Return to the Holt'#12
- 'Hands Of The Symbol Maker'#13
- 'The Warning And The Way'#14
- 'The Lodestone'#15
- 'The Forbidden Grove'#16
- 'Noisybad Highthing!'#17
- 'Lair Of The Bird Spirits'#18
- 'Riddle of Blue Mountain'#19
- 'What Is The Way?'#20
- 'Fine Feathers'#22
- 'The Fall'#23
- 'The Awakening'#24
- 'The Quest Usurped!'#25
- 'The Go-Backs'#26
- 'Two-Edge's Clue'#27
- 'The First War'#28
- 'The Treasure'#29
- 'The Game of Two-Edge'#30
- 'Final Battles'#31
- 'Quest's End Part 1'#32
- 'Quest's End Part 2'
ElfQuest: 25th Anniversary Special (2003)
ElfQuest: Bedtime Stories (1994)
ElfQuest: Graphic Novel Series (1993)
ElfQuest: Hidden Years (1992)
#1 ElfQuest: Kings of the Broken Wheel (1990)
- 'Little Patch'#4
- 'Right of Passage'
#1 ElfQuest: New Blood (1992)
- 'Kings of The Broken Wheel Part 1'#2
- 'Kings of The Broken Wheel Part 2'#3
- 'Kings of The Broken Wheel Part 3'#4
- 'Kings of The Broken Wheel Part 4'#5
- 'Kings of The Broken Wheel Part 5'#6
- 'Kings of The Broken Wheel Part 6'#7
- 'Kings of the Broken Wheel Part 7'#9
- 'Kings of the Broken Wheel Part 9'
ElfQuest: Siege at Blue Mountain (1987)
#1 ElfQuest: The Discovery (2006)
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain - Part 1'#2
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain II'#3
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain III'#4
- 'Siege At Blue Mountain Part 4'#5
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain Part 5'#6
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain Part 6'#7
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain Part 7'#8
- 'Siege at Blue Mountain Part 8'
TPB Elfquest: The Grand Quest (2004)
- 'The Discovery'#1
- 'Elfquest: The Discovery - Part One'#2
- 'Elfquest: The Discovery - Part Two'#3
- 'Elfquest: The Discovery - Part Three'#4
- 'ElfQuest: The Discovery - Part Four'
Elfquest: The Searcher and the Sword (2004)
OGN HC Elfquest: Wolfrider (2003)
- 'The Seacher and the Sword'OGN SC
- 'The Seacher and the Sword'
Fantasy Quarterly (1978)
The Complete Elfquest (1988)
- 'The Secret of Two-Edge'Vol. 8
- 'Kings of the Broken Wheel'
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character