Vertigo (Marvel)(01 - Marauders)
Real Name: Unrevealed
Search for 'Vertigo (Marvel)(01 - Marauders)' on Amazon
Vertigo is an artificially enhanced mutate who possesses the superhuman power to disorient another living being’s sense of balance, thereby inducing sensations of vertigo and possibly unconsciousness. Her superhuman power appears to be psionic in nature, and presumably functions by acting upon the organs in the inner ears of her victims that control their sense of balance.
The mutagenic process Vertigo has undergone has endowed her with the ability to psionically disorient the equilibrium of a sentient being. This power induces effects ranging from mild dizziness to unconsciousness. This may not seem like a very impressive ability, but with it she managed to single handedly subdue many superheroes at once.
Vertigo is a native of the Savage Land and obtained superhuman powers at a young age by genetic engineering. Her powers enable her to render a person severely dizzy and even unconscious. She became a member of a group of mutants known as the Savage Land Mutates, and in this group she first battled the X-Men.
Later, she joined the Marauders, a group of mutants working as assassins for a mad scientist named Mr. Sinister. The scientist wanted his assassins to destroy a large community of mutants, known as the Morlocks, who lived under New York City. They did succeed in annihilating a large number of the underground mutants. While the Marauders were accomplishing this, they also clashed with the X-Men, Thor, X-Factor, and Power Pack
Soon after this, Sinister sent Vertigo along with the other Marauders to fight the X-Men in New York City just before the extradimensional incursion known as the "Inferno". Her alliance with Sinister was short lived, as she soon rejoined her Mutate allies. Vertigo has been active with her original team, the Savage Land Mutates, with no explanation as to why she has left the Marauders.
Recently, Vertigo encountered the Avengers in the Savage Land. Vertigo used her powers to render them all unconscious and they were all taken captive briefly. This appearance was notable because her powers appeared to have been amplified considerably since her last appearance in the pages of the X-Men books. She also appeared to have blue skin now and red hair, although this could have been a trick of the light or even her powers disorienting the Avengers' senses.
First Appearance: Marvel Fanfare (1982) #1
Vertigo (Marvel)(01 - Marauders) is a favorite character of 1 user
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
Astonishing X-Men (2004)
Captain America (1968)
#389 Die Spinne Comic-Album (1979)
- 'The Superia Strategem: Part Three of Six: Pageant of Power'#390
- 'The Superia Strategem: Part Four of Six: When Women Wage War!'#391
- 'The Superia Strategem: Part Five of Six: No Man's Land!'#411
- 'The Arena'
Marvel Fanfare (1982)
New Avengers (2005)
#5 New X-Men (2004)
- 'Breakout!, Part Five'
#44 Nightcrawler (2014)
- 'Messiah CompleX: Chapter Four'#46
- 'Messiah Complex, Chapter Twelve'
Ryhmä-X / X-Men (1984)
Sentinel Squad O*N*E (2006)
#4 Strange Tales II (2010)
- 'Tin Can Heroes, Part 4: A Prehistory of Violence'
HC The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Master Edition (1990)
- 'Strange Tales II'#2
The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Update '89 (1989)
#8 Thor (1966)
- 'U-Man to Madelyne Pryor'
#373 Uncanny X-Men (1963)
- 'The Gift of Death'#374
- 'Fires of the Night!'
#210 Weapon X (2002)
- 'The Morning After'#210 (Newsstand edition)
- 'The Morning After'#211
- 'Death by Drowning!'#222
- 'Strike the Match'#241
- 'Fan The Flames'#350
- 'Trial & Errors'#457
- 'Cutting Edge! - World's End, Part 3 of 5'#458
- 'The Enemy of My Enemy: World's End, Part 4 of 5'#459
- 'Bad Company: World's End, Conclusion'#494
- 'Messiah CompleX, Chapter Ten'#505
- 'Lovelorn, Part 2'
#26 What If...? (1989)
- 'Man and Monster, Part 1: Bagging the Elephant'
#27 X-Force (2008)
- 'Messiah CompleX: Chapter 11'
#9 X-Man (1995)
- 'Old Ghosts: Part 3'#10
- 'Old Ghosts: Part 4'
#13 X-Men (1991)
- 'The Hunted Below'#18
- 'In the Company of Strangers'
#200 X-Men (1997)
- 'Endangered Species: Chapter 1 - Blinded by the Light: Part 1 of 4'#201
- 'Endangered Species: Chapter 5 - Blinded by the Light: Part 2 of 4'#202
- 'Endangered Species: Chapter 8 - Blinded by the Light: Part 3 of 4'#203
- 'Endangered Species: Chapter 13 - Blinded by the Light: Part 4 of 4'#205
- 'Messiah CompleX: Chapter 5'
X-Men and Power Pack (2005)
#4 X-Men Forever 2 (2010)
- 'Leader of the Pack'
X-Men Legacy (2008)
#245 X-Men Origins: Gambit (2009)
- 'Age of X, Chapter 1'#246
- 'Age of X, Chapter 3'#247
- 'Age of X, Chapter 5'
X-Treme X-Men: Savage Land (2001)
- 'What Price, Freedom? What Price, Humanity?'
Femizons (Marvel)(02 - Superia's Group)
Savage Land Mutates (Marvel)
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character