Doctor Octopus (02 - Carolyn Trainer)
Real Name: Carolyn Trainer
Search for 'Doctor Octopus (02 - Carolyn Trainer)' on Amazon
Carolyn Trainer has no superhuman abilities. The harness she uses can act as an extension of her own body, and can lift far more than her human body, provided she braces herself appropriately with other tentacles. The reaction time of the these "tentacles" is superhumanly fast. The tentacles also enable her to traverse very difficult terrain and cover ground at car-like speeds. The tentacles are also armed with lasers.
Through the tentacles, Carolyn Trainer seems able to interface with appropriately equipped computer systems and enter virtual-reality interfaces telepathically.
The force field the harness projected over her body was resistant to most traumatic concussive force and conventional weapons attack.
Aside from her harness, Carolyn Trainer was highly learned in the science of robotics, information technology, applied physics, and mechanical engineering.
During the Clone Saga, Dr. Otto Octavius was killed by Kaine and was replaced not long after by Carolyn Trainer, daughter of Seward Trainer and adoring student of Octavius. She obtained a set of four tentacles identical to Octavius' and made use of a personal force-field that kept anything from hitting her. (However, her tentacles could lash out from the shield at any time during its use.) She took the name Doctor Octopus in honor of her beloved instructor, the original Dr. Octopus.
When she found her father was being protected by the Scarlet Spider, she became jealous of the father-son relationship between him and her father. Her attempts to claim her father's then-comatose body resulted in her defeat and capture by the police. Later, however, she was involved in the resurrection of Otto Octavius. After Octvaius was brought back to life by the cult group known as The Hand, Trainer returned the tentacles to him. She joined him as an assistant and faded into the background.
A version of her in the MC2 alternate future series Spider-Girl recently troubled the title character, while the mainstream version made a small appearance in Secret War, both as Lady Octopus to distinguish her from her mentor.
First Appearance: The Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #406
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
Amazing Scarlet Spider (1995)
#1 L'Uomo Ragno Deluxe (1995)
- 'Violated by the Virtual - Virtual Mortality Part 2 of 4'#2
- 'Caught in the Game - Cyberwar Part 2 of 4'
#16 Marvel Legacy: The 1990's Handbook (2007)
- 'La fine di un' era...'
Scarlet Spider (1995)
Spectacular Scarlet Spider (1995)
#1 Spider-Man (1990)
- 'Between a Rock and a Hard Place'#2
- 'Arachnis Ex Machina, Spider in the Machine'
#63 Spider-Man [GER] (1997)
- 'The Greatest Responsibility, Part 2 of 3: The Kick Inside'
#37 Spider-Man Unlimited (1993)
- 'Der Preis!'#38
- 'So viele Jahre...'#39
- 'Wer tötete Joey Z?'#40
- 'Es begann in der Yancy Street... Wal Wieder'#41
- 'Identitätskrise: Undercover'#42
- 'Identitätskrise: Prodigy'#43
- 'Wieder bei der Musik!'#44
- 'Kobold-Kämpfe : In der Patsche !'#45
- 'Im freien Fall'#46
- 'Die Versammlung der Fünf: Hitzewelle in New York'#47
- 'Das letzte Kapitel'
#18 Superheroes: The Heroic Visions of Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell (2000)
- 'All My Pasts Remembered!'
The Amazing Spider-Man (1963)
#405 The Spectacular Spider-Man (1976)
- 'Exiled, Part 2 of 4: The Worth of a Man'#406
- 'The Greatest Responsibility, Part 1 of 3: Crossroads'#409
- 'The Return of Kaine, Part 3 of 4: Of Wagers and Wars'#425
- 'The Chump, the Challenge and the Champion!'#426
- 'Only the Evil Return!'#427
- 'Sacrifice Play!'#428
- 'Living Large!'#429
- 'The Price!'
#229 Web of Scarlet Spider (1995)
- 'The Greatest Responsibility, Part 3 of 3: No More the Hero!'#232
- 'A Show of Force'
- 'There's a New Spider In Town'#2
- 'True Deceptions!'#3
- 'Rude Awakening!'
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character