Search for 'Count Dooku' on Amazon
Dooku is an esteemed Jedi Master who is tempted by the power of the dark side, and thus, he becomes the apprentice to Darth Sidious, Dark Lord of the Sith. Dooku was once an esteemed Jedi who served as an apprentice of Yoda.
Dooku was an accomplished philosopher, orator, warrior, and Force-adept, regarded as one of the greatest Jedi in the order for his strength of character as much as his strength in the Force. With his deep voice and veneer of elegant charisma, this political idealist and wealthy Count of Serenno displayed elegance, class, and intelligence. Dooku had been a practitioner of the Force for nearly eight decades, and Dooku and his student Qui-Gon Jinn would have surely sat on the Jedi Council if it were not for their maverick views. In addition, Dooku was a master swordsman, specializing in the seldom-used Form II art (see lightsaber combat), which makes use of his special curved saber hilt. Form II was known for its efficiency in lightsaber vs. lightsaber combat. Dooku chose the style because of his beliefs in elegance and gallantry. This fighting style probably made him able to defeat the skilled Obi-Wan Kenobi and his apprentice, the Chosen One.
Dooku's seduction to the dark side by Darth Sidious is a relatively simple one. Dooku is frustrated at the bureaucracy of the Senate and the unwillingness of the Jedi Council to step in during certain events and situations that might have been beneficial to those who are in torment and the like. Further adding fuel to the fire is the death of his former Padawan, Qui-Gon Jinn. Dooku believes that the Jedi caused his death.His Sith name is Darth Tyranus, a name obviously derived from "tyrant," particularly more at "tyrannous." The name Dooku is said to derive from the Japanese word "doku" (?), which means poison. This entry is derived, either in part or in the main, from a wikipedia.org article.
First Appearance: Star Wars: Jango Fett - Open Seasons (2002) #1
Count Dooku is a favorite character of 2 users
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
Blood Ties (2010)
#1 Star Wars (1998)
- 'Jango and Boba Fett, Part 1 of 4'#2
- 'Jango and Boba Fett, Part 2 of 4'
Clone Wars v. 9 Star Wars [GER] (1999)
- 'Rite of Passage, Part One'#43
- 'Rite of Passage, Part Two'#45
- 'Rite of Passage, Part Four'
#124 Star Wars Comic-Kollektion (2016)
- 'Darth Maul - Sohn Dathomirs (Teil 1)'#125
- 'Darth Maul - Sohn Dathomirs (Teil 2)'
#29 Star Wars Omnibus (2006)
- 'Im Visier des Bösen'#43
- 'Schatten des Imperiums: Evolution'
Star Wars Tales (1999)
Star Wars Visionaries (2005)
OGN SC Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures (2004)
- 'Star Wars: Visionaries'
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)
Star Wars: Hasbro/Toys "R" Us Exclusive (2002)
#2 Star Wars: Jango Fett - Open Seasons (2002)
- 'Most Precious Weapon'
Star Wars: Jedi (2003)
Star Wars: Obsession (2004)
Star Wars: Republic (2002)
#49 Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008)
- 'The Defense of Kamino'#54
- 'Double Blind'#63
- 'Striking from the Shadows'#64
- 'Show of Force, Part Two'#72
- 'Trackdown, Part One'#73
- 'Trackdown, Part Two'#74
- 'Siege of Saleucami, Part One'#75
- 'Siege of Saleucami, Part Two'#76
- 'Siege of Saleucami, Part Three'#77
- 'Siege of Saleucami, Part Four'#83
- 'Hidden Enemy, Part Three'
TPB vol. 02 Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Character Encyclopedia (2010)
- 'In Service of the Republic'#1
- 'Slaves of the Republic Chapter 1: The Mystery of Kiros'#2
- 'Slaves of the Republic Chapter 2: Slave Traders of Zygerria'#5
- 'Slaves of the Republic Chapter 5: A Slave Now, A Slave Forever'#7
- 'In Service of the Republic: Part One of Three'#10
- 'Hero of the Confederacy, Part One of Three'#11
- 'Hero of the Confederacy, Part Two of Three'#12
- 'Hero of the Confederacy, Part Three of Three'
Confederacy of Independent Systems (CIS)
Dark Lord of the Sith
Jedi Order (Old)
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
"I've become more powerful than any Jedi."
"Brave, but foolish, my old Jedi friend. You're impossibly outnumbered."
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character