Professor Phineas Potter (Earth-1)
Search for 'Professor Phineas Potter (Earth-1)' on Amazon
A somewhat regular feature of Superman (and especially Superboy) tales of the Silver Age, Professor Potter was Lana Lang's uncle. He was a brilliant, but impractical, scientist. Never shown to be bumbling—or really "wrong"—his mind simply took him down paths that were, well, obscure. For instance, he invented a device to rapidly squeeze the juice out of onions.
Sometimes, however, his peculiar interests actively saved the day, as when he provided Superman with an effective antidote against Red Kryptonite, or when he solved the case of Superman's back taxes by causing an oyster to produce a billion-dollar-sized pearl.
He is the brother of Sarah Lang and the uncle of Lana Lang.
First Appearance: Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen (1954) #22
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
80 Page Giant (1964)
Action Comics (1938)
Adventure Comics (1938)
Adventures of Superman [II] (2013)
DC Universe: Secret Origins (2012)
HC Even More Secret Origins (2003)
- 'DC Universe: Secret Origins'TPB
- 'DC Universe: Secret Origins'
#148 Superman the Origin of Superman [1966 Golden Record ed.] (1966)
- 'Mr. Mxyzptlk's Super-Mischief!'#171
- 'The Nightmare Ordeal Of Superman'#176
- 'Superman's Day of Truth!'#413
- 'Superman - - Your World Is Mine!'
#1 Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane (1958)
- 'The Origin of Superman!'
#31 Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen (1954)
- 'The Jealous Lois Lane!'#35
- 'The Amazing Brain Machine!'#36
- 'Lana Lang's Romance With Superman VI!'#44
- 'Superman's Surprise Choice!'
#22#25#27#28#32#33#34#39#80 The Superman Family (1974)
- 'Jimmy Olsen, the Bizarro Boy!'#82
- 'The Unbeatable Jimmy Olsen'#93
- 'The Batman-Superman Of Earth-X!'#107
- 'The Rise And Fall Of Superman!'#109
- 'Luthor's Pal, Jimmy Olsen!'
World's Finest Comics (1941)
- 'The Olsen-Robin Team Versus The 'Superman-Batman Team'!'#225
- 'Bow Before Satan's Children!'#250
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character