Search by Cover Date
Public User Lists
Last 10 titles added:
1. Neomen (1987)
2. The Uncanny X-men (1995)
3. Justice League - La Tour...
4. La Splendeur du Pingouin...
5. Harley Quinn (2015)
6. DC Omnibus: La Mort de S...
7. 100% Marvel: FF - Adieu ...
8. Justice League Univers (...
9. Futures End (2015)
10. Marvel Omnibus: The Evol...
Last 10 creators added:
1. Harvey Smith
2. Samuele Coletti
3. Nathan Ramierz
4. François Hercouët
6. Carolyn Edwards
7. Stephan Boschat
8. Studio Myrtille
9. Mitsuru Saito
10. Fujiko F. Fujio - '藤子不二雄'
Last 10 characters added:
1. , Marvelous Maureen
2. Bleichert, Bucky
3. Blanchard, Lee
4. Short, Elizabeth
5. Watson, Jack
6. Hutchinson, Dave
7. Hutchinson, Nancy
8. Hutchinson, Jr., Bill
9. Hutchinson, Bill
10. Hutchinson, Tessie
The Living Tribunal
Real Name: Living Tribunal
Search for 'The Living Tribunal' on Amazon
Nigh-Omnipotence: He has nigh-infinite power.
Omnipresence: He can exist anywhere at one point in any time.
Omniscience: He knows the past,present, and future.
Omnipotent beings like the The-One-Above-All, Beyonder (Pre-Retcon), and the Beyonders.
The Living Tribunal is a nigh-omnipotent entity which presides over in the entire omniverse, including the main Universe, Earth X, the Ultimate Universe, and all alternate and potential realities. He was first encountered by Doctor Strange.
The Tribunal appears as a giant golden man with three cloaked faces which each revolve to the front to speak. The three faces are what make up the Tribunal, and they are: Equity, Necessity, and Vengeance. These represent the trinity of aspects of each universe. For example, in the main universe they are represented by Galactus (Equity), Eternity (Necessity), and Death (Vengeance). At one time, the Stranger, a being the X-Men and the Hulk confronted, acted as the fourth aspect, or face, of the Tribunal, though he eventually left to form his own identity.
During the series of events surrounding the Infinity Gauntlet, the Living Tribunal was forced to intervene to protect the integrity of the Universes. The Tribunal’s first decree was to allow Thanos to wield the gauntlet, based on the law of the survival of the fittest. Next, it was to take the power of the gauntlet away from Adam Warlock, but then allow him and his alliance, the Infinity Watch, to safeguard the gems, yet the Tribunal decided they would never be used together again. Finally, the Magus was able to convince the Tribunal to let him reassemble the gauntlet.
In New Avengers #8, Iron Man and Uatu found him defeated and dead, later revealed to be at the hands of the Beyonders.
First Appearance: Strange Tales (1951) #157
The Living Tribunal is a favorite character of 11 users
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z (2006)
#42 Avengers Academy (2010)
- 'It All Comes Crashing Down'
DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC (1996)
TPB#1 Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme (1988)
- 'DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC: Round One'#2
- 'Marvel Versus DC/DC Versus Marvel: Round Two'#4
- 'DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC: Round Four'
#21 Fantastic Four (1961)
- 'Mindless in Manhattan'
#16 Guardians of the Galaxy (1990)
- 'For All We Have and Are'
#16 Infinity Gauntlet (1991)
- 'Should One Of Us Fall!'#44
- 'A Dagger of the mind'#45
- 'He that dies pays all debts'#46
- 'There's A Divinity That Shapes Our Ends'#47
- ' Climb Far, Your Goal The Sky, Your Aim The Star!'#48
- 'It Ain't Over Till It's Overkill!'#49
- 'Time Is the Rider That Breaks Us All'#50
- 'Coldly Sublime, Intolerably Just!'
#3 Infinity War (1992)
- 'Preparations for War'
#2 Last Planet Standing (2006)
- 'Ethereal Revisionism'#3
- 'Nefarious Rhapsodies'#4
- 'Mortiferous Artifice'#5
Marvel Treasury Edition (1974)
Marvel Universe: The End (2003)
#4 Marvel: Now What?! (2013)
- 'The Cure'
Mephisto Vs. ... (1987)
New Avengers (2013)
#8 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z (2008)
- 'What Maximus Made'#30
#26 ROM (1979)
- 'The Eight Billion Year Funeral'#37
- 'Infinity Manifestations'#38
- 'Whose War Is this Anyway?'#50
- 'Horizon of Holes'#51
- 'The Conservation of Angular Momentum'#57
- 'Three Men and a Cocoon'#58
- 'Distant Running'
#41 Rune/Silver Surfer (1995)
- 'The Dweller On the Threshold!'
Secret Wars II (1985)
#7 She-Hulk (2005)
- 'Universal Laws: Part 1: Space Cases'
#12 Silver Surfer (1987)
- 'Remember The Titans'#20
- 'The Clock is Ticking'
Spectacular Spider-Man Adventures (1995)
#215 Stan Lee Meets Dr. Strange (2006)
- 'Strange Days (Pt 2)'
Strange Tales (1951)
Thanos Annual (2014)
Thanos: The Infinity Revelation (2014)
OGN HC The Adventures of the X-Men (1996)
- 'Thanos: The Infinity Revelation'
#12 The Amazing Spider-Man (1963)
- 'Better To Light a Small Candle...'
#274 The Marvel Encyclopedia (2006)
- 'Lo, There Shall Come A Champion!'
HC The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (1983)
- 'The Marvel Encyclopedia'
#6 The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition (1985)
- 'K-M: From Kang to Man-Bull'
#7 The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Master Edition (1990)
- 'Khoryphos to Magneto'
#41 Warlock and the Infinity Watch (1992)
- 'Taking Charge, Part 1 of 3'
#1 What If? (1977)
- 'Old Wounds'#11
- 'The Appeal'
#32 What If...? (1989)
- 'What If... The Avengers Had Become the Pawns of Korvac?'
#6 X-Men Forever (2001)
- 'What If...The X-Men Had Lost Inferno?'
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character