Fixer (Marvel)(02 - Paul Norbert Ebersol)
Real Name: Paul Norbert Ebersol
Search for 'Fixer (Marvel)(02 - Paul Norbert Ebersol)' on Amazon
Paul Norbert Ebersol was born in Dayton, Ohio. He was a scientist who held a number of odd jobs, including auto mechanic, television repairman, and electronics laboratory assistant. He then became the second and more prominent Fixer, a supervillain and genius-level criminal inventor who has often worked for criminal cartels like HYDRA.
In his first appearance he escaped from prison, and teamed with his partner Mentallo in an attempted takeover of the New York S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters, and even captured Nick Fury. Fixer and Mentallo were defeated by Tony Stark and S.H.I.E.L.D. troops. His connection with THEM was revealed; and THEM was later revealed as part of HYDRA. Behind the scenes, he was even revealed as the chief of the HYDRA Science Division.
With Mentallo, the Fixer later escaped prison again. They invaded the New York S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters and captured the Thing. They then invaded the Baxter Building, battled the Thing and Nick Fury, and used Doctor Doom's time machine to bring Deathlok from his alternate future. Mentallo then mind-controlled Deathlok in an attempted assassination of the U.S. President, but Fixer and Mentallo were defeated by the Fantastic Four and taken into custody by S.H.I.E.L.D. The pair was freed from prison by a HYDRA force controlled by Baron Karza]]. Fixer created the living machine-intelligence Computrex, which was destroyed by the Micronauts, who then defeated Fixer and Mentallo.
Fixer and Mentallo then aided Professor Power in his attempt to add Professor X's powers to Mentallo's, but they were defeaed by Spider-Man. Fixer attempted to loot Northwind Observatory of Bruce Banner's inventions, but was captured by Captain America. Fixer then invaded the West Coast Avengers Compound in an attempt to steal Iron Man's armor, but was defeated by Iron Man and Ka-Zar.
When Baron Helmut Zemo formed the fourth incarnation of the Masters of Evil, Fixer served as his right-hand man. When the Masters of Evil invaded Avengers Mansion, Fixer created a device enabling Baron Zemo to control Blackout. Fixer helped engineer the capture of Captain America, Black Knight, and Edwin Jarvis. Fixer was apprehended by Ant-Man. Behind the scenes, Fixer was overpowered by the Super-Adaptoid, who changed places with him. The Super-Adaptoid disguised as the Fixer later escaped prison. The real Fixer was discovered by the Avengers in the Adaptoid's former confinement tube at Avengers Island. Fixer later escaped prison with Yellowjacket, who then spurned his romantic advanced. The Fixer followed her and battled her and the Black Knight before escaping.
In Zemo's second incarnation of the Masters of Evil, the team changed their identity to the Thunderbolts, while Fixer adopted the alias of Techno. He was then apparently killed when his neck was broken by Iron, one of the Elements of Doom, and he transferred his mind into a robotic body, and this Techno sided, alone among the Thunderbolts, with Zemo when he went ahead with his scheme to conquer the planet.
Zemo and Techno decamped to one of Zemo's bases, where Techno began to experiment with cloning, offering to clone Zemo an unscarred body, and even cloning Kevin Costner for fun at one point. After the two fell out, Techno infiltrated the Thunderbolts by replacing Ogre, while continuing his experiments behind-the-scenes, including recovering Jolt's body when she was killed and placing it in a healing tube.
Techno's impersonation of Ogre ended when Scourge stowed away inside him, shrunken, and destroyed his body from the inside, while he refused to kill Jolt again to allow him to construct a new body. However, his backup plan worked, and his consciousness was returned to his original human bodyâ€”mostly healed, although the nerve damage in his neck meant he required his tech-pac to bypass the damageâ€”and the human Ebersol, initially amnesiac of the robot's exploits, returned to calling himself the Fixer.
Fixer then became one of the Redeemers, a government-backed team whereby criminals could use it to accelerate their sentences and clear their record, until most of that team was slaughtered by Graviton. He joined with the reunited Thunderbolts to stop Graviton, and he was one of the team members exiled to Counter-Earth. By a complicated series of events, at the end of the trip to Counter-Earth, Zemo's consciousness ended up in Fixer's tech-pac. By threatening to disable it and leave him quadriplegic, Zemo managed to force Fixer to transfer the Baron's consciousness to his Counter-Earth counterpart's body.
The team remained on Counter-Earth for some time, until, in sealing a rift, they returned home, leaving Jolt (whom Fixer saved from burning out in helping to seal the rift) behind. Finally, after Moonstone went insane, Fixer furnished a device that could give the combined Avengers and Thunderbolts a couple of seconds to make their move; he then left.
Later, Deadpool visited Fixer at his holiday home (with naked Avengers painted on the side of the pool) to enlist his help in saving Cable. After a brief fight, Fixer accepted the challenge (and Deadpool's monetary inducement), and successfully bonded new, benign, techno-organic mesh to Cable. Some time after this, Fixer suddenly reappeared to save MACH-IV, his former teammate, from a fall; the script hinted that Fixer was working with Zemo once more.
First Appearance: Strange Tales (1951) #141
Fixer (Marvel)(02 - Paul Norbert Ebersol) is a favorite character of 2 users
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z (2006)
#4 Avengers Standoff: Assault on Pleasant Hill Alpha (2016)
- 'Damon Dran to Goodman, Lieber, Kurtzberg, & Holliway'#5
- 'Gorgon to Jury'#9
- 'Puppet Master to Shamrock'
Avengers Standoff: Assault on Pleasant Hill Omega (2016)
Avengers Standoff: Welcome to Pleasant Hill (2016)
#1 Cable & Deadpool (2004)
- 'The Avengers Vs. The Thunderbolts One: The Cause Of Justice'#2
- 'The Avengers Vs. The Thunderbolts Two: The Fine Line'#3
- 'The Avengers Vs. The Thunderbolts Three: Nerves'#4
- 'The Avengers Vs. The Thunderbolts Four: Betrayal'#5
- 'The Avengers Vs. The Thunderbolts Five: Truth and Consequences'#6
- 'The Avengers Vs. The Thunderbolts Six: Blood Will Tell'
#11 Captain America (1968)
- 'Thirty Pieces, Part 1: Predator & Pray'#12
- 'Thirty Pieces, Part 2: True Confessions'#25
- 'Living Legends'
Captain America Corps (2011)
#4 Captain America: Sam Wilson (2015)
- 'Assault On Valhalla!'#5
- 'Into The Infinite!'
Captain America: Steve Rogers (2016)
Civil War (2006)
#6 Civil War: Battle Damage Report (2007)
- 'Civil War, Part Six of Seven'
Dark Avengers (2012)
#175 Dark Reign Files (2009)
- 'Earth's Mightiest...'
Enter the Heroic Age (2010)
Hämähäkkimies / Spider-Man (1980)
Hawkeye: Blindspot (2011)
#3 Heroic Age: Heroes (2010)
- 'My Brother's Killer'
Iron Man (1968)
#202 Marvel Tales (1964)
- 'The Savage Goes West!'#244
- 'Yesterday... And Tomorrow'
#244 Marvel Team-Up (1972)
- 'Meeting of the Minds'
#118 Marvel Two-In-One (1974)
- 'Meeting of the Minds'
#26 Marvel Universe: The End (2003)
- 'The Fixer and Mentallo Are Back and the World Will Never Be The Same!'#27
- 'Day of the Demolisher!'
#24 New Thunderbolts (2005)
#13 Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD (1968)
- 'Made Perfect'#16
- 'Supreme Power!'#17
- 'Bad Blood'#18
- 'The Whole Hole'
#18 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z (2008)
- 'Who Strikes At - - - SHIELD?'
HC vol. 04 Solo Avengers (1987)
- 'Earthmover to Guardians of the Galaxy'TPB vol. 04
- 'Earthmover to Guardians of the Galaxy'
Strange Tales (1951)
The Amazing Spider-Man (1963)
#533 The Avengers (1963)
- 'The Night the War Came Home Part Two of Six'
Annual 13 The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (1983)
- 'In Memory Yet Green!'#273
- 'Rites of Conquest'#274
- 'Divided... We Fall!'#275
- 'Even a God Can Die!'#276
- 'The World According To The Adaptoid!'
#4 The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition (1985)
- 'D-G: From Dragon Man to Gypsy Moth'
#4 The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Master Edition (1990)
- 'Doctor Strange to Galactus'
The Superior Foes of Spider-Man (2013)
#3 Thunderbolts (1997)
- 'A New Sheriff In Town'#7
Annual 1997 Thunderbolts (2016)
- 'The Origin of the Thunderbolts'#1
- 'Justice... Like Lightning!'#2
- 'Deceiving Appearances'#5
- 'Growing Pains'#49
- 'New Beginnings'#52
- 'The Pursuit of Justice'#53
- 'The Parent Trap'#54
- 'Cat & Mouse'#55
- 'Does Anyone Remember -- Humus Sapien!?'#56
- 'Beyond Redemption!'#57
- 'Storm Clouds Gathering'#58
- 'Degrees of Evil'#59
- 'Silent Scream!'#60
- 'Brave New World?'#61
- 'Living in a Vise'#62
- 'What Would the Mirror Say?'#63
- 'Criminal Intent'#64
- 'City of Hope'#66
- 'Empyrean Blues'#68
- 'Trust in Fear'#70
- 'Souls in the Balance'#72
- 'Malignant Tumors'#74
- 'No Win'#75
- 'Didn't See That Coming'#103
- 'Taking Civil Liberties, Part 1'#104
- 'Taking Civil Liberties'#105
- 'Swimming With Sharks'#106
- 'Power Hungry'#109
- 'Beyond Redemption'#134#136#144
- 'The Boss'#145
- 'Field Test'#146#147#148
- 'Lightning in Shadows'#149#152#154#155#156#157#158#159#160#161#162#163#163.1#164
- 'Golden Age Thunderbolts'#165
- 'Golden Age Thunderbolts Part 3: The Fiery Death from Above!'#166
- 'The Ripper Tour'#167
- 'The Ripper Tour Part Two'#168
- 'The Word at the Jilted Cage...'#169
- 'Medieval Crimes'#170
- 'Days of Yore'#172#173#174
#1 Thunderbolts: Distant Rumblings (1997)
- 'There is No High Road Part One: Power and Control'#2
- 'There is No High Road Part Two: Follow the Leader'#3
- 'There is No High Road: Part Three - Mistakes Were Made'#4
- 'There is No High Road: Part Four - Tip of the Iceberg'#5
- 'There is No High Road: Part Five: What We Do Best'#6
- 'There is No High Road Part Six: The Beer Run'#7
- 'Not Going Back: Part One Not What We Planned'
#-1 Web of Spider-Man (1985)
- 'Distant Rumblings!'
A.I.M. (Marvel)(1 - Advanced Idea Mechanics)
Masters of Evil (Marvel)
Thunderbolts (Marvel)(01 - Masters of Evil)
Thunderbolts (Marvel)(04 - Heroic Age)
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character