Real Name: Ruth Aldine
Search for 'Blindfold (Marvel)' on Amazon
Precognative Clairvoyance: allowing her to see present events and her surroundings as well as those destined to occur and experiences precognitive visions.
Blindfold is physically blind.
Collection of intelligence on the blind girl called Blindfold, one of the Xavier Institute's more recent students, is still in process. Blindfold seems to be telepathic in nature, but the full extent of her powers is unknown as of yet. While she seems unable to control her genetic mutation and often finds herself overwhelmed by the things she reads or feels with her mind, Blindfold has at least once been observed to be able to sense things which remained undetected by other, powerful telepaths. Blindfold may be an enormously powerful telepath still lacking the control to use her mental powers efficiently, or she may be a confused teenager with a minor genetic mutation. Hisako and Wing both said she had a big mouth because she had read Wing's mind and informed Hisako of his dreams of one day becoming an X-Man. Wing was upset and Hisako said don't worry, she wanted to be an X-Man too and that Blindfold is just lonely. In her first actual appearance, the Stepford Cuckoos led her to Emma Frost and the rest of the X-Men to warn them of the coming of the Danger Room entity.
BlindfoldWhen M-Day hit, she was one of 27 students to maintain her powers. She was excused along with Wallflower, Ernst and Nezhno from Emma Frost's Battle Royal which determined who will train to be an X-Man.
When Emma Frost was suffering from a bad case of survivor's guilt, Blindfold was found by Hisako "crying" in a restroom. While trying to comfort Blindfold, Blindfold tries to convince Hisako that they are going "to lose another one." Wolverine, believing he is a defenseless child due to the manipulations of Cassandra Nova, barged into the restroom asking for help as a feral Beast followed him in. Hisako leaves Blindfold and hides with Wolverine, unfortunately Beast targets Blindfold and goes to attack her. Hisako powers up and scares the feral X-Man away but passes out from exhaustion. Blindfold then takes her to the infimary because she believes someone was awake only to find the unconscious bodies of Colossus and Cyclops. Eventually Shadowcat makes her way back to the Institute and asks the girls to tell her everything they know. When Kitty leaves to find out who exactly is attacking, Cyclops manages to contact Blindfold and instruct her to give Beast a special box containing a ball of string. He also asks her to keep his mind safe from any sort of psychic attacks as he helps Emma. During the middle of the battle, Ord and the Danger Room entity interrupt and a battle begins between the X-Men, Hisako, Ord and Danger. Suddenly S.W.O.R.D. beamed the team, Danger, Ord, and Hisako into a spaceship headed for the Breakworld. Blindfold was last seen watching them along with a few other students and commented that not all of them will come back.
Blindfold, during an evening of storytelling, relayed the history of the deceased New Mutant Illyana Rasputin to her fellow classmates. Her story emotionally bothered some of the fellow students as Blindfold began including aspects that both recently happened and are about to happen. She explains that the demon lord Belasco reclaimed the realm of Limbo by defeating it's previous mistress, Amanda Sefton. After stealing the Soulsword from her Belasco cast her out of Limbo and began searching for a way to bring back Illyana Rasputin from the dead. After saying this Blindfold and the other students are themselves attacked by demons from Limbo sent by Belasco.
Created by John Cassaday & Joss Whedon. Only named herself Destiny once in X-Men Legacy #22.
First Appearance: Astonishing X-Men (2004) #7
Blindfold (Marvel) is a favorite character of 6 users
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
All-New X-Men (2013)
Astonishing X-Men (2004)
Avengers Vs. X-Men (2012)
Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Exodus (2009)
#1 Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia (2009)
- 'Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia, Conclusion'
Essential X-Men (1995)
#178 Essential X-Men (2010)
- 'Clash of the Living Legends!'
Heroic Age: X-Men (2011)
Marvel Now! Gratis Comic Tag (2013)
Marvel Select Flip Magazine (2005)
Nation X (2010)
New Mutants (2009)
#22 New X-Men (2004)
- 'Age of X Chapter 2'#24
- 'Age of X, Chapter 6'#27
- 'Unfinished Business 3 of 3'
#23 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A To Z Update (2010)
- 'Childhood's End, Part 4'#24
- 'Crusade, Part 1'#37
- 'Quest for Magik: Prelude'#38
- 'Quest for Magik: Part 1'#39
- 'Quest for Magik: Part 2'#40
- 'Quest for Magik: Part 3'#41
- 'Quest for Magik: Part 4'
Ryhmä-X / X-Men (1984)
Scarlet Spider (2012)
Uncanny Avengers (2012)
Uncanny X-Men (1963)
#509 What If? Astonishing X-Men (2010)
- 'Sisterhood, Part 2'
#1 Wolverine (2010)
- 'What If Ord Resurrected Jean Grey Instead Of Colossus?'
Wolverine & The X-Men (2011)
#1 Wolverine and Power Pack (2009)
- 'Welcome To The X-Men! Now Die!'#4
- 'Just Another Day in Westchester County'#9
- 'Day of the Phoenix, Dark Night of the Soul'#14
- 'My Dinner with the Phoenix'#15
- 'On the Eve of Battle'#17
- 'Wolverine's Secret Weapon'#18
- 'Dance Like There's No Tomorrow'#19
- 'More Pencils, More Books, More Teachers' Dirty Looks'#29
- 'Key to the Future'#32
- 'The Hellfire Saga Part Two'
#2 X Necrosha (2009)
- 'Kickin' It Old School'
#21 X-Men (1991)
- 'Necrosha: Chapter Two'#22
#201 X-Men (2010)
- 'Blinded by the Light: Chapter 2'#202
- 'Blinded by the Light: Chapter 3'#203
- 'Blinded by the Light: Chapter 4'#204
X-Men Legacy (2008)
#231 X-Men: Battle of the Atom (2013)
- 'Earth Give Up Your Dead: Part 1'#232
- 'Earth Give Up Your Dead: Part 2'#233
- 'Earth Give Up Your Dead Part 3 of 3'#244
- 'None So Blind'#259
- 'Half a Step Part One'#261
- 'Lost Tribes, Part 1'#263
#1 X-Men: Legacy (2013)
- 'Battle of the Atom, Chapter 1'
#1 X-Men: Manifest Destiny (2008)
- 'Prodigal'#1 (Andrews Cover)
- 'Prodigal'#1 (Blank Cover)
- 'Prodigal Part 2'#3
- 'Prodigal Part 3'#4#5#6#7
- 'Holy Ghosts'#8
- 'Ballad Of The Glory Hog'#9
- 'Judgment Of Diana'#10
- 'Invasive Exotic Part One'#11
- 'Invasive Exotic Part Two'#12
- 'Invasive Exotic Part 3'#13
- 'Hope and Glory Part 1'#14
- 'Hope and Glory Part 2'#15
- 'The Place of Broken Things'#16
- 'Wear the Grudge Like a Crown'#17
- 'Wear the Grudge Like a Crown: part 2'#18
- 'Wear the Grudge Like a Crown: part 3'#19
- 'Mirror Smoke'#20
- 'The Epitaph'#21
- 'Slouching Towards Bethlehem'#24
- 'For We Are Many'
X-Men: Pixie Strikes Back (2010)
#1 X-Men: Regenesis (2011)
- 'Pixie Strikes Back: Part 1'#2
- 'Pixie Strikes Back: Part 2'
X-Men: Return of Magik (2008)
X-Men: Schism (2011)
X-Men: The 198 Files (2006)
X-Men: To Serve And Protect (2011)
Young Avengers (2013)
#13 Young X-Men (2008)
- '*Young Avengers* Part Two'#14
- 'Resolution Part 1'#15
- 'Resolution Part 2'
- 'Final Genesis'#2
- 'New Mutants'#3
- 'Life Death'#4
- 'Extinction Agenda'#5
- 'Fall Of The Mutants'#6
- 'San Fransisco'#10
- 'Who The Hell Is Cipher?'
Grey School students
Xavier Institute Students
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
"I know someone dies, I saw it, but I can't make it clear to him. How can I make it clear to him when I can't make it clear to myself?"
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character