Nimrod (Marvel)(02 - Sentinel)
Search for 'Nimrod (Marvel)(02 - Sentinel)' on Amazon
- Change Appearance
- Reconstruct self to "adapt"
- Energy Blasts
- Teleportation (limited)
Project Nimrod was an attempt to create the ultimate, most highly advanced Sentinel that would take place in an alternate reality where nearly all mutants were wiped out or put into concentration-like camps. Rachel Summers and Kitty Pryde attempted to destroy this project, but knew failure was at hand - Pryde then activated Summers Phoenix Force to send her back to the past. Nimrod would kill Pryde and then travel back in time to find Summers.
Nimrod was programmed to protect lawful citizens, and did so. It would be taken in by a person where Nimrod would adapt a human form to blend in. It would hunt down mutant outlaws and exterminate them, but would be defeated several times by the X-Men and Hellfire Club, though after each it would rebuild itself to become a more formidable adversary.
Nimrod would eventually come across a Master Mold, in which they would merge together to create one robot. The X-Men would defeat this robot, but it would later be reborn as Bastion.
Created by Chris Claremont & John Romita, Jr.
First Appearance: Uncanny X-Men (1963) #191
Nimrod (Marvel)(02 - Sentinel) is a favorite character of 3 users
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z (2006)
#1 Beavis and Butt-Head (1994)
- 'Abraxas to Batwing'
Cable/Machine Man '98 (1998)
Annual 01 Die Neuen X-Men Comic-Magazin (1989)
- 'Engines of Destruction, Part 1: Metalmorphosis'
#12 Excalibur (1988)
- 'Der Anfang vom Ende?'
#66 New Mutants (2009)
- 'Back to the Present'
#14 New X-Men (2004)
- 'Second Coming: Chapter 11'
#20 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A To Z Update (2010)
- 'Childhood's End: Part 1'#22
- 'Childhood's End, Part 3'#25
- 'Crusade, Part 2'#26
- 'Crusade, Part 3'#27
- 'Crusade, Part 4'#28
- 'Nimrod: Part 1'#29
- 'Nimrod: Part 2'#30
- 'Nimrod: Part 3'#31
- 'Nimrod: Part 4'#36
- 'Mercury Falling: Part 4'
#1 Ryhmä-X / X-Men (1984)
- 'Marlene Alraune to Zuri'
Strange Tales II (2010)
HC The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition (1985)
- 'Strange Tales II'#2
#9 The Very Best of the X-Men (1994)
- 'Molecule Man to Owl'
HC Uncanny X-Force (2010)
- 'The Very Best of the X-Men'
#8 Uncanny X-Men (1963)
- 'Unintended Consequences'
#191 Wolverine Encyclopedia (1996)
- 'Raiders of the Lost Temple!'#193
- 'Warhunt 2'#194
- 'Juggernaut's Back in Town'#197
- 'To Save Arcade?!?'#202
- 'X-Men... I've Gone to Kill -- The Beyonder!'#208
- 'The Day of Other Lights!'#246 (Newstand Edition)
- 'The Day of Other Lights!'#247
- 'The Light That Failed'#525
- 'Second Coming: Chapter 10'
#23 X-Force (1991)
- 'Chapter 11 - The Isolationist: Part 3 - True or False'
#35 X-Force (2008)
- 'Beg Tomorrow'#36
- 'Genocidal Tendencies'
#1 X-Men Legacy (2008)
- 'Angels And Demons'#2
- 'Angels and Demons: Part 2'#27
- 'Second Coming: Chapter 9'#28
- 'Second Coming: Chapter 13'
#237 X-Men: Curse of the Mutants Saga (2010)
- 'Second Coming: Chapter 12'
#1 X-Men: Hellbound (2010)
- 'X-Men: Curse of the Mutants Saga'
X-Men: The Ultra Collection (1994)
Nimrod Sentinels (Marvel)
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character