Search for 'Xena' on Amazon
Xena is an incredibly skillful fighter and martial artist using advanced Eastern arts resembling modern karate, judo and ninjitsu with extra-ordinary gymnastic ability to increase the ferocity of her regular combat skills. She can jump straight up almost ten feet. She has incredible acrobatic and balance ability and can bounce off walls and use all her bodys natural pinot points to incredible advantage. Her fighting skill is nearly superhuman, enough to take down Ares or even Hercules.She is knowledgeable about pressure points, precision areas in the body for stopping nerve control and blood flow, allowing her to kill or paralyze with a fingertip, depending on the pressure she uses. She is a ruthless swordswoman and fighter, capable of turning any object into a weapon, including a wooden marionette or a dead fish. Her most renowned weapon is her chakram which she can utilize to its greatest efficiency.... Xena also uses a circular bladed weapon known as a chakram, which she can throw which such force and velocity that it ricochets off objects, slicing throats or stunning opponents then rebounding back to be caught by her hand. Her proficiency borders on nearly mystical. She can control and manipulate its trajectory to strike even an unseen target or keep it in flight nearly indefinitely, ricocheting off several surfaces until she plucks it from her flight.
Xena is a fictional character from Robert Tapert's Xena: Warrior Princess franchise. She commonly wore a tight brown, skirted, leather outfit. She first appeared in the 19951999 television series Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, before going on to appear in Xena: Warrior Princess TV show and subsequent comic book of the same name. The character has also appeared in the spin-off animated movie The Battle for Mount Olympus, as well as numerous non-canon expanded universe material, such as books and video games. Xena was played by New Zealand actress Lucy Lawless.
Xena is the protagonist of the story, and the series depicts her quest to seek redemption for her past sins as a ruthless warlord by using her formidable fighting skills to help people. Xena was raised as the daughter of Cyrene and Atrius, though the episode The Furies raised the possibility that Ares, might be Xena's biological father. In Hercules, during her two first episodes, Xena was an outlaw, but in the third (and last), she joins Hercules to defeat Darphus, who had taken her army. Aware that the character of Xena had been very successful among the public, the producers of the series decided to create a spin-off series based on her adventures. The character Gabrielle, introduced in the first episode, becomes Xena's greatest ally; her initial naďveté helps to balance Xena and assists her in recognizing and pursuing the "greater good".
Created by Robert Tapert & John Schulian.
First Appearance: Hercules: The Legendary Journeys (1996) #3
Xena is a favorite character of 11 users
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
Army of Darkness / Xena (2008)
#1 Army of Darkness Xena: Warrior Princess Forever...And a Day (2016)
- 'Why Not?'#2
- 'Why Not? Part 2'#3
- 'Why Not? Pt3'#4
- 'why not prt4'
Dark Horse Extra (1998)
Dark Horse Presents (1986)
Dave Stevens: Covers & Stories (2012)
Hercules: The Legendary Journeys (1996)
#3 The Marriage Of Hercules And Xena (1998)
- 'The Warrior Princess'#4
- 'The Warrior Princess Part 2 The Shaper'#5
- 'The Warrior Princess Part 3 Smile for the Chimaera'
#1 TV Guide (1953)
- 'The Marriage of Hercules and Xena'
#2315 Xena (2006)
- 'Aug. 9-15, 1997'
Annual 1 Xena / Army of Darkness: What...Again?! (2008)
- 'Strange Visitor'#1
- 'Contest of Pantheons Part One: Holy Acrimony'#2
- 'Contest of Pantheons Part Two: Pantheon Pandemonium'#3
- 'Contest of Pantheons, Part Three: "Stalk Like An Egyptian!"'#4
- 'Contest of Pantheons, Part Four: "Undead Reckoning"'
#1 Xena Omnibus (2017)
- 'What... Again?!, Part 1 of 4: The Bruce Brothers'#2
- 'What... Again?!, Part 2 of 4'#3
- 'What... Again?!, Part 3 of 4'#4
- 'What... Again?!, Part 4 of 4'
Xena: Warrior Princess (1997)
Xena: Warrior Princess (1999)
TPB vol. 03 Xena: Warrior Princess (2016)
- 'Blood and Shadows'#1
- 'The Warrior Way of Death Part One'#1 (Another Universe Exclusive)
- 'The Warrior Way of Death Part One'#2
- 'The Warrior Way of Death Part Two'#3
- 'In Hell'#4
- 'The Slave Trail'#6
- 'A Day At The Circus'#8
- 'Duel Of Chariots'#9
- 'If You Go Down To The Woods...'#10
- 'The Magnificent Sven'#11
- 'Darkness Falls Part One'#12
- 'Darkness Falls Part Two'#13
- 'This Year's Model'
Xena: Warrior Princess (2018)
Xena: Warrior Princess (2019)
Xena: Warrior Princess - Bloodlines (1998)
#1 Xena: Warrior Princess - Dark Xena (2007)
- 'Bloodlines Part Two'
#1 Xena: Warrior Princess - The Dragon's Teeth (1997)
- 'Dark Xena, Part One Of Four: The Way We Were'#2
- 'Dark Xena, Part Two of Four: (Re)Born Bad'#3
- 'Dark Xena, Part Three of Four: Partners in Crime'#4
- 'Dark Xena, Part Four of Four: Unwritten History'
Xena: Warrior Princess - The Wrath Of Hera (1998)
#1 Xena: Warrior Princess Vs Callisto (1998)
- 'The Wrath of Hera Part 1'#2
- 'The Wrath of Hera Conclusion'
#1 Xena: Warrior Princess: And The Original Olympics (1998)
- 'Hydra And Seek'#2
- 'Trial By Torment!'#3
- 'Death Takes Five'
#1 Xena: Warrior Princess: The Orpheus Trilogy (1998)
- 'Xena and the Original Olympics Part 1'#2
- 'Xena and the Original Olympics Part Two: Ladies First'#3
- 'Xena and the Original Olympics Part Three: Just One of The Girls'
#1 Xena: Warrior Princess: Year One (1997)
- 'Xena: Descent into Death Part 2'#3
- 'Xena: Descent into Death Part 3'
#1 Xena: Warrior Princess/Joxer: Warrior Prince (1997)
- 'Plowshares into Swords'
- 'Xena: Warrior Princess & Joxer: Warrior Prince Part One of Three'#2
- 'Xena: Warrior Princess & Joxer: Warrior Prince Part Two of Three'#3
- 'Xena: Warrior Princess & Joxer: Warrior Prince Part Three of Three'
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
"from you, nothing; from me, nothing less
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character