Search for 'Ozymandias (Marvel)' on Amazon
He is virtually immortal and has minor precognitive powers, and has on one occasion demonstrated the ability to mentally animate stone. His precognition and ability to animate stone are usually channeled via stone statues and sculptures of his own creation. His body appears to be made of living stone. The extent, nature, and origin of his powers is largely unrevealed.
He was a warlord in Ancient Egypt. He kept plotting against Rama-Tut, who dispossessed him of his royal right to be pharaoh. In a moment of turmoil, he entered the Sphinx, which was actually Tut's time traveling ship, and seized the opportunity to unlock its secrets to dominate the nation. However, Apocalypse intercepted him and turned him into his slave.
Thousands of years later, during her youth, Ororo Munroe, who would become the X-Men member Storm in adulthood, was hired to steal Ozymandias's magical gemstone, the Opal of Ozymandias. When he recognized Ororo from his visions, he let her go with the Opal, knowing that Storm would eventually be instrumental in Apocalypse's plans for the powerful mutants known as The Twelve. During the Onslaught crossover arc, Ozymandias was shown carving a boulder - only to have it form a picture of Onslaught standing over a charred and lifeless world. This served as a Splash page foreshadowing Onslaught's second form.
The relationship between Apocalypse and Ozymandias was always reluctant, with Ozymandias prone to try deceptions against Apocalypse. His plan almost succeeded when Apocalypse, willing to reform his Four Horsemen, pitted Gazer against an archaeologist for the right of being the Horseman of War. Ozymandias saved his life, in exchange for his loyalty, but a brainwashed Gazer sided with Apocalypse, forcing him to flee.
Albeit he managed to avoid the wrath of Apocalypse, vanished with the Celestial, he returned to the Clan Akkaba, a clan of superpowered descendants of the supervillain, and, posing as Apocalypse himself, has given Chamber possible omega-level powers similar to his ancestor powers. He's confident that he can force Apocalypse into resurfacing.
Created by Scott Lobdell & Joe Madureira.
First Appearance: Uncanny X-Men (1963) #332
Ozymandias (Marvel) is a favorite character of 1 user
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
#34 Cable & Deadpool (2004)
- 'Loose Cannons'#53
- 'The Hellfire Hunt, Part 6: Beautiful Friend'#64
- 'Twas the Night Before Dying'#65
- 'Acid Bath'#66
- 'Death From Above'#67
- 'Total Chaos in 3 Parts Part 2: God's Footsteps'#68
- 'Total Chaos in 3 Parts Part 3: Faraway, So Close/Sign of the End Times'#73
- 'I Still Believe I Cannot Be Saved'
#26 Gambit (1999)
- 'Born Again, Part 1: With Eyes Closed'#27
- 'Born Again, Part 2: With Eyes Open'
#3 New Excalibur (2006)
- 'Monsters Like Us'#14
- 'Tomorrow Starts Today'
Ororo: Before the Storm (2005)
#2 Rise of Apocalypse (1996)
- 'Before the Storm, Part 2'#3
- 'Before the Storm, Part 3'#4
- 'Before the Storm, Part 4'
#1 Ryhmä-X / X-Men (1984)
- 'Hammer & Chisel'#2
- 'Blood of the Father'#3
- 'The Face of the Gods'#4
- 'The First Culling'
The Incredible Hulk (1968)
#457 Uncanny Avengers (2012)
- 'Of Course You Realise This Means War'
Uncanny X-Force (2010)
#2 Uncanny X-Men (1963)
- 'The Apocalypse Solution Chapter Two'#3
- 'The Apocalypse Solution Chapter Three'#4
- 'The Apocalypse Solution Chapter Four'#14
- 'The Dark Angel Saga Chapter Four Thunder For The Next World'#16
- 'The Dark Angel Saga Chapter Six No Such Thing '#17
- 'The Dark Angel Saga Chapter Seven Opens A Window '
#332 Wolverine (1988)
- 'The Road to Casablanca'#335
- 'Apocalypse Lives!'#338
- 'A Hope Reborn, A Past Reclaimed'
#101 Wolverine [GER] (1997)
- 'The Helix of an Age Foretold'#147
- 'Into the Light'
#13 Wolverine Encyclopedia (1996)
- 'Die Saeule der Zeit/Logan gegen Waffe X'
#67 X-Men (1991)
#55 X-Men: Apocalypse/Dracula (2006)
- 'The Blood of Apocalypse, Part One of Five: The Messiah'#183
- 'The Blood of Apocalypse, Part Two of Five: The Hunger'#184
- 'The Blood of Apocalypse, Part Three of Five: War--What is it Good For?'#185
- 'The Blood of Apocalypse, Part Four of Five: Love and Death'#186
- 'The Blood of Apocalypse, Part Five of Five: The Battle of the East River'
#1#2#3#4 X-Men: Future History - The Messiah War Sourcebook (2009)
- 'Apocalypse vs. Dracula, Part 4'
X-Men: The Search for Cyclops (2000)
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character