Blackout (Marvel) (02 - Lilin)
Search for 'Blackout (Marvel) (02 - Lilin)' on Amazon
Blackout can absorb all of the light in a given area. Also, he has super strength (about enough to lift 2 tons), durability, agility and a healing factor.
Blackout is unnaturally pale and can't go into direct sunlight without burning and severe discomfort.
Initially employed by the demonic crimelord Deathwatch, he fought the Ghost Rider (Dan Ketch), and was disfigured in the battle when he was scorched by hellfire by trying to bite through Ghost Rider's jacket. This caused him to become Dan Ketch/Ghost Rider's sworn arch-enemy, leading him into killing his sister Barbara along with several of his close associates.
One of Blackout's earliest victims is the Morlock Pixie, not to be confused with the X-Men character of the same name. The Morlocks had been in conflict over a plan to change babies into mutated forms. Ghost Rider's incorrect belief it was Blackout behind the vanishing of babies brings the attention of the real Blackout. Though the children are rescued safely, with the assistance of X-Factor, Blackout manages to kill Pixie and escape.
He later finds Dan Ketch and tears his throat out while he is in human form. Only supernatural intervention from other sources allows Dan to recover. In the meantime, Ghost Rider is still able to fight.
Around this time, Blackout went on a murderous rampage through Central Park, leading to a hostage situation with the police. He later became allied with Lilith, the demon-goddess, who claimed she was his grandmother. Blackout would team up with many super-powered offspring of Lilith, all doing her will. After being defeated by the Midnight Sons, Blackout had his face deformities repaired and went back to work as a hired assassin, also eliminating a few personal grudges along the way until finally being captured by Ghost Rider. He was hoisted and chained over the World Trade Center where he is thought to have burned to death. Much later, was seen among the escaping villains in the prison breakout in New Avengers #1.He also joined the Hood's gang of criminals and fought against a lot of superheroes. Later, he planned a coup against Ghost Rider together with the Deacon.
First Appearance: Ghost Rider (1990) #2
Blackout (Marvel) (02 - Lilin) is a favorite character of 2 users
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
Alpha Flight (1983)
#121 Avengers Academy (2010)
- 'The Return of the Brass Bishop!'
Avengers Unconquered (2009)
#24 Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme (1988)
- 'The Hordes Of Hellfire!'#34
- 'Siege Begins Here!'
#60 Fear Itself: The Fearless (2011)
- 'Siege of Darkness, Part 7: Scatter ...and Sister Nil'
#10 Ghost Rider (1990)
- 'Chapter Ten: Awakenings'
#2 Ghost Rider (2006)
- 'Do Be Afraid of the Dark!'#3
- 'Death Watch'#7
- 'Living Nightmare'#9
- 'Pursuit'#9 (Newsstand Edition)
- 'Happily Ever After?'#15
- 'Last Hope'#25
- 'You Can't Go Home Again'#25 (Newsstand Edition)
- 'You Can't Go Home Again'#28
- 'Rise of the Midnight Sons, Part 1: Visions'#31#32
- 'Fight For Life'#41
- 'Mother Love'#42
- 'Inner Truths'#44
- 'Into the Mist'#53
- 'A Thirst for Celebrity'#66
- 'Darkness Falls'
#26 Ghost Rider (2011)
- 'The Former Things, Part 1: The Second Coming of Daniel Ketch'#27
- 'The Former Things, Part 2: Requiem for a Caretaker'#33
- 'Trials & Tribulations, Part 1: Once Were Ghost Riders'
Ghost Rider Poster Magazine (1992)
Ghost Rider Special Edition (1995)
Ghost Rider/Blaze: Spirits of Vengeance (1992)
#1 Ghost Riders: Heaven's on Fire (2009)
- 'Chapter One: Escape From New York into Visions of Hell'#1 (Sealed Promo Poster)
- 'Chapter One: Escape From New York into Visions of Hell'#3
- 'Siege of Darkness Part 8: The End of the World As We Know It!'
#1 Heroic Age: Villains (2011)
- 'Save the Antichrist, Save the World'#2
- 'Are You There, Devil? It's Me, Danny.'#3
- 'The Brothers Ghost Rider'#5
- 'Sole Reigning Holds the Tyranny of Heaven'#6
- 'If You Can't Lower Heaven, Raise Hell'
#1 Marvel (1988)
- 'Heroic Age Villains'
Marvel Comics Presents (1988)
#144 Marvel Deluxe - Los Nuevos Vengadores (2009)
- 'Like Family, Like Enemy/Treachery Redeemed/Stage Fright/Algorithy of Life'
Marvel Legacy: The 1990's Handbook (2007)
Morbius: The Living Vampire (1992)
#1 New Avengers (2005)
- 'Rise of the Midnight Sons'#16
- 'Siege of Darkness, Part 4: Sanctuary Invasion'
#15 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z (2008)
- 'Siege of Darkness - Part 9: Bad Blood'
Secret Defenders (1993)
Secret Invasion (2008)
Spider-Man: Breakout (2005)
Superior Spider-Man (2013)
The Astonishing Spider-Man (2013)
The New Avengers: Most Wanted Files (2006)
The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Master Edition (1990)
#608 Wolverine (2003)
- 'Siege: Ragnarok, Part 2'
#46 X-O Manowar/Iron Man: In Heavy Metal (1996)
- 'Vendetta, Part 5: Payback'
- 'Heavy Metal, Part 1: The Reality Alchemists'
Video Game Appearances:
Ghost Rider (2007)
Hood's Criminal Syndicate
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
"It is time to reclaim my life! -Ghost Rider (1990) #53"
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character