Real Name: various people
Search for 'Mockingbird (DC)' on Amazon
"Mockingbird" is not a person in the DCU, but a code word, a title. It indicates who is the leader of the Secret Six. As of 2005, there have been three distinct Secret Six teams, but each one has been led by at least one person using the code word, "Mockingbird". In each series-- Secret Six (1968), the one that was introduced in Action Comics #601, and the one formed for Villains United (2005)--the use of the code word is a device to create confusion among heroes trying to pursue the group, and it's a literary device to preserve some mystery for the reader.
It is not necessarily true to say that each team has been always led by a single, unique "Mockingbird" (the Secret Six II had several Mockingbirds, including one whose identity was never revealed), or that the identity of the "Mockingbird", even when known, is precisely whom the reader thinks it is (as was the case for the Secret Six III). History of the DC Universe (1986)
The identity of Mockingbird is perhaps the most shocking element of Villains United, and potentially has wide-ranging implications for titles as far back as 2003 and as far forward as, well, the future of DC Comics after the conclusion of 52 in 2007. Even though a name can be put to the "Mockingbird" title, it was not fully revealed, as of December 2005, who exactly this Mockingbird was--although fan speculation seemed to heavily favor one particular option. Like all four Countdown to Infinite Crisis series, Villains United ended on a cliffhanger, and that cliffhanger was largely about the true identities of Mockingbird and his chief Villains United rival.
First Appearance: Secret Six (1968) #1
Mockingbird (DC) is a favorite character of 1 user
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
Action Comics (1938)
Secret Six (1968)
#1 Secret Six (2008)
- 'Code Name: Mockingbird'#2
- 'Plunder The Pentagon'#3
- 'To Kill A Mockingbird'#4
- 'Escape For An Enemy'#5
- 'Queen Without A Crown'#6
- 'The Victim Is A Killer'#7
- 'Eye For An Eye'
#6 The DC Comics Encyclopedia (2004)
- 'Compound Fracture'#18
- 'Danse Macabre, Part 3'
HC Villains United (2005)
- 'The DC Comics Encyclopedia'HC
- 'The DC Comics Encyclopedia: Updated And Expanded'
- 'Villains United, Part One: And Empires in Their Purpose'#2
- 'Villains United, Part Two: A Fire in the Steppes'#2 (2nd Print Cover)
- 'Villains United, Part Two: A Fire in the Steppes'#3
- 'Villains United, Part Three: Privileged to Spill Her Blood'#4
- 'Villains United, Part Four: A Weapon to Unify'#5
- 'Villains United, Part Five: Victims of Aggression'#6
- 'Villains United, Part Six: At the End of All Things'
Secret Six (DC)(01 - Original)
Secret Six (DC)(02 - Action Comics Weekly)
Secret Six (DC)(03 - Villains United)
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character