Longshot (Marvel)(01 - Longshot)
Search for 'Longshot (Marvel)(01 - Longshot)' on Amazon
Longshot has genetically engineered hollow bone structure, superhuman speed, endurance, agility and reflexes, leather-like skin, advanced healing abilities, can psionicly affect probability fields which, when his motives are pure, causes good luck for him (at the expense of bad luck occurring elsewhere). He can telepathically "read" recent memories of a person via physical contact, and has psychometry, the ability to detect emotional psychic imprints left, or to be left, on objects.
+ Escape Artist
+ Genetic Manipulation
+ Probability Manipulation
+ Super Hearing
+ Super Sight
+ Super Smell
+ Super Speed
+ Unarmed Combat
+ Weapon Master
Longshot was a genetically engineered life-form from another dimension referred to as the Wildways, "Mojoverse" or "Mojoworld" ruled by beings known as the Spineless Ones. The scientist Arize created a race of vertebrate slaves through genetic engineering. Arize secretly designed their genetic codes so that his intelligent humanoids would have a strong sense of self. For some of his creations he added superhuman abilities; Longshot was one of these creations. Grown in machines to become a warrior slave for the Spineless One named Mojo, Longshot became conscious as an adult and immediately asserted his independence. Mojo forced Longshot to serve as a stuntman in his dangerous movies. Locating Arize, Longshot discovered his own origin and was encouraged to lead a slave rebellion. He became a legendary rebel leader on his world, heroically leading many of his fellow slaves against the Spineless Ones, but ultimately failed. Longshot was mind-wiped by the Spineless Ones in hopes that he would once again become a slave. With no memory of his name or his past, he escaped to Earth via an inter-dimensional portal. Mojo sent Spiral, Gog and Magog after Longshot but they did not succeed in bringing him back to Mojoworld.
On Earth, he found work as a stunt-man. There, Longshot befriended a stuntwoman co-worker named Ricochet Rita. After Spiral, Gog and Magog failed in capturing Longshot, Mojo had finally decided to find Longshot himself, along with Spiral. Mojo failed in his attempt and was sent back to the Mojoverse by Longshot, with help from Ricochet Rita, Quark, and Doctor Strange. Longshot decided it was time to return to his home planet and free the slaves. This time Ricochet Rita and Quark came along with him. But Longshot's rebelion failed to overthrow the Spinless Ones.
Longshot returned to Earth and joined the X-Men. A relationship between fellow X-Man, Dazzler, soon surfaced and the two were later married. The couple returned to Mojoworld to lead another rebellion. This time it seemed they had succeeded in freeing the slaves. The planet was once again at peace, and the couple decided to make the planet their permanent home. While in Mojoworld, Longshot and Dazzler looked after a group of Mojo-manufactured child clones of the X-Men named the X-Babies. Mojo returned to the Mojoverse and reclaimed himeslf as the ruler of the planet. Longshot once again became a rebel leader against the slavemasters. Phoenix discovered that Dazzler had become pregnant with Longshot’s baby, but the baby's fate remains unrevealed.
Dazzler returned from the Mojoverse without Longshot by her side. She claimed Mojoworld was completely destroyed as a result of "X-Baby" versions of villains that were spawned from the Age of Apocalypse. The baby versions of Apocalypse, Holocaust, Dark Beast, and the Sugar Man had completely destroyed the entire Mojoverse, including, she claimed, her husband Longshot.
Recently, however, Longshot was recruited by Heather Hudson into the Exiles' ranks to aid against the threat of Proteus.
First Appearance: Longshot (1985) #1
Longshot (Marvel)(01 - Longshot) is a favorite character of 18 users
View a chronological listing of this character's appearances
All-New X-Factor (2014)
#16 Alpha Flight (1983)
- '"Fall back! Get back behind the shield!"'#17
- '"Longshot! Stop this right n--"'
Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme (1988)
#1 Exiles (2001)
- 'Love is the Spell, The Spell is Death!'
Annual 1 Fantastic Four (1961)
- 'Rules of the Game'#18
- 'So Lame: Part 1'#19
- 'So Lame: Part 2'#74
- 'World Tour: New Universe: Part 3'#75
- 'World Tour: 2099: Part 1'#76
- 'World Tour: 2099: Part 2'#77
- 'World Tour: Squadron Supreme: Part 1'#78
- 'World Tour: Squadron Supreme: Part 2'#79
- 'World Tour: Future Imperfect : Part 1'#80
- 'World Tour: Future Imperfect: Part 2'#81
- 'World Tour: Heroes Reborn: Part 1'#82
- 'World Tour: Heroes Reborn: Part 2'#83
- 'It's Your Funeral'#84
- 'Back in the Saddle'#85
- 'The New Exiles: Part 1'#86
- 'The New Exiles: Part 2'#87
- 'Superguardians: Part 1'#88
- 'Superguardians: Part 2'#89
- 'Enemy of the Stars, Part 1: Fresh Blood'#91
- 'Enemy of the Stars, Part 2: Main Event!'#92
- 'Enemy of the Stars, Part 3: Why Do We Do These Things We Do?'#93
- 'Enemy of the Stars, Part 4: Shall the Past Be Prologue'#94
- 'Enemy of the Stars, Part 5: We'll Die Another Day'#95
- 'Home, Again!, Part 1: Starting Over'#96
- 'Home, Again!, Part 2: The Dream of Two Good Men?'#97
- 'Home, Again!, Part 3: Where Dreams to Nightmares Grow!'#98
- 'Home, Again!, Part 4: The Doom of Two Good Men'#100
- 'Home is Where the Heart is!'
Fantastic Four vs. X-Men (1987)
#1 Heroic Age: X-Men (2011)
- 'Are You Sure?!'#2
- 'Truths & Consequences'#3
- 'By the Soul's Darkest Light'#4
- 'A Matter of Faith'
Iron Man (2013)
#4 Longshot (1998)
- 'Rebellion der Verdammten'
Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe (2014)
#1 Marvel Age (1983)
- 'Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe Part One'#2
- 'Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe Part Two'#3
- 'Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe Part Three'#4
- 'Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe Part Four'
Marvel Comics Presents (1988)
#16 Marvel Encyclopedia (2002)
- 'One Hand Washes.../The Man Who Loved Sunrise/Dreamwalk/This Is A Savage Land'#21
- 'Best Laid Plans/Justifiable Action/Let's Take It From Where I Swing in and Rescue You.../The First Cut'
Marvel Fanfare (1982)
Marvel Fanfare (1996)
#4 Marvel Illustrated: Swimsuit Issue (1991)
- 'Cause and Effect'#5
- 'Life Lessons'
#1 Marvel Legacy: The 1980's Handbook (2006)
- 'The Swimsuit Issue'
nn Marvel Masters (2007)
- 'The 1980's Handbook'
Marvel Now - Uncanny Avengers (2014)
#5 Marvel Universe: The End (2003)
- 'Uncanny Avengers vol. 5'
#5 Marvel: The Year-in-Review (1989)
- 'The Cure'
#1 Marvels: Eye Of The Camera (2009)
- '1989 The Year in Review'
#6 Mephisto Vs. ... (1987)
- 'Chapter 6: Closing the Book'
#3 Nation X: X-Factor (2010)
- 'vs. the X-Men'#4
- 'vs. the Avengers'
Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z (2008)
Ryhmä-X / X-Men (1984)
Strange Tales (2009)
The Adventures of the X-Men (1996)
The Incredible Hulk (1968)
The Marvel Encyclopedia (2006)
HC The Marvel Masterpieces 2 Collection (1994)
- 'The Marvel Encyclopedia'
The Marvel X-Men Collection (1994)
The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition (1985)
#7 The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Master Edition (1990)
- 'Khoryphos to Magneto'
The Official Marvel Index To The X-Men (1994)
The Punisher (1987)
The Punisher Magazine (1989)
The X-Men vs. the Avengers (1987)
#1 Uncanny Avengers (2012)
- 'Les Transformers'#2
- 'Lutte de pouvoirs'#3
- 'Prisonnier De Guerre!'#4
- 'La dernière bataille'#5
- 'L'ordre Nouveau'#6
- 'Le pire de deux maux!'#7
- 'Ecole de guerriers'#8
- 'Deuxième reprèsentation!'
Uncanny X-Men (1963)
What If...? (1989)
#1 Wolverine (1988)
- 'What If the Avengers Had Lost The Evolutionary War?'#6
- 'What If...The X-Men Had Lost Inferno?'
Wolverine & The X-Men (2011)
#19 Wolverine Encyclopedia (1996)
- 'More Pencils, More Books, More Teachers' Dirty Looks'
Wolverine Saga (1989)
#4 X-Factor (1986)
- 'Book Four: The Hero Triumphant'
Annual 07 X-Factor (2006)
- 'Shattershot Part 3: The Historians of Tales to Come'#38
- 'Ashes to Ashes'#200#201
- 'The Invisible Woman Has Vanished: Part 2'#202
- 'The Invisible Woman Has Vanished: Part 3'#204
- 'Second Coming: Revelations'#205
- 'Second Coming: Revelations'#206#207
- 'Lost Souls'#208#209
- 'Strip Search'#211
- 'Staying in Vegas'#212#213
- 'Keeping Things'#217
- 'Deep Scars'#218#219
- 'Lies, Damned Lies'#222#224#224.1#225#226#227#228#229
- 'They Keep Killing Madrox Part One'#230
- 'They Keep Killing Madrox Part Two'#233
- 'In From the Cold'#234
- 'Long Distance Call'#235
- 'X-Treme Measures Part 1 of 2'#238#239#241
- 'Breaking Points: Five Days that Will Change X-Factor Forever Day One'#243
- 'Breaking Points: Five Days that Will Change X-Factor Forever Day Three'#244
- 'Breaking Points: Five Days that Will Change X-Factor Forever Day Four'#245
- 'Breaking Points: Five Days that Will Change X-Factor Forever Day Five'#246
- 'Short Story'#248
- 'Being Monet St. Croix'#249
- 'Inner Depths'#250
- 'Hell On Earth War Part One'#251
- 'Hell On Earth War Part Two'#252
- 'Hell On Earth War Part Three'#253
- 'Hell On Earth War Part Four'#254
- 'Hell On Earth War Part Five'#255
- 'Hell On Earth War Part Six'#256
- 'Hell On Earth War Finale'#259
- 'The End of X-Factor Part 3'
#35 X-Force (1991)
- 'Best Intentions'#36
- 'The Big Bang'#37#38
- 'Smart Business'#39
- 'Multiple Birth'#41
- 'Back & There Again'#42#43
- 'Timely Events'#44
- 'Dirty, Sexy Monet'#47#50
Annual 01#59 X-Force/Youngblood (1996)
- 'Are You Now Or Have You Ever Been'#60
- 'I Know You Are But What Am I'#61
- 'And Now...It's Another Thrilling Adventure of Cable and Shatterstar'
Annual 01 X-Men Legacy (2008)
- 'The Slaves of Destiny'#5
- 'Farther Still'#7
- 'Where Happy Little Bluebirds Fly...'#11
- 'The X-Men vs The X-Men (Again)'
#220 X-Men Ultra III Preview (1995)
- 'Salvage: Chapter 1'
X-Men Unlimited (1993)
X-Men: Die by the Sword (2007)
X-Men: Prisoner X (1998)
X-Men: The Ultra Collection (1994)
X-Men: Yearbook 1999 (2000)
Xavier Institute Alumni Yearbook (1996)
Video Game Appearances:
X-Men 2: The Fall of the Mutants (1990)
Exiles (Marvel)(03 - Trans-Dimensional)
X-Factor Investigations (Marvel)
X-Men (Marvel)(01 - Mutants)
Famous Quotes: - Add a Famous Quote
"I can change the odds, that is what I do!"
"Without passion, what are we? What's the point of being human?"
"I cannot remain vigilant if I'm distracted. For your own safety, please try to keep your hands off me."
< Previous Character | Next Character >
Add this character to a run of issues in a title
Suggest an image for this character
View the contribution history for this character